Author Topic: Only 15% of Californians can afford a home, new data shows  (Read 1325 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Only 15% of Californians can afford a home, new data shows
« on: November 12, 2023, 01:18:33 pm »
Only 15% of Californians can afford a home, new data shows
© Provided by WOOD Grand Rapids

(KTLA) — Only 15% of California households could afford to buy a home during the third quarter of 2023, according to new figures released by the California Association of Realtors.

The new figures represent the lowest home affordability rate since 2007.

The latest figures show that California’s housing affordability rates continue to decrease after dropping to 16% in the second quarter of 2023.

For comparison, about 56% of California home buyers could afford a home during the first quarter of 2012, the index’s peak high, a news release said.

However, house affordability rates have dropped significantly since then, thanks to high housing costs, low inventory, and increasing interest rates.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/realestate/only-15-of-californians-can-afford-a-home-new-data-shows/ar-AA1jM35M?ocid=msedgntp&pc=U531&cvid=2983023fcaf04db08e8c0f67bfd5b923&ei=29
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline The_Reader_David

Re: Only 15% of Californians can afford a home, new data shows
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2023, 02:08:50 pm »
... a home [in California].  I suspect most Californians could buy a home if they were willing to relocate, say to western Kansas or to a city with an urban homesteading program.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2023, 03:57:18 pm »
Theme from the 2023 Beverly Hillbillies reboot.

Californy is the place we have to flee. So they loaded up the truck and returned to Tennessee.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2023, 04:06:29 pm »

Californy is the place we have to flee. So they loaded up the truck and returned to Tennessee.
:beer:
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online LMAO

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2023, 11:32:26 am »

Or Texas-ee

Or Florida-ee

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2023, 12:45:39 pm »
I wonder how many can no longer  afford their OWN  homes,due to leftist  taxation in order to support the parasitic homeless Dim voters that now live in Ca?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!