Author Topic: German taxpayers foot the bill for €167,000 spent on hair and makeup just this year  (Read 286 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
German taxpayers foot the bill for €167,000 spent on hair and makeup just this year
Green foreign ministry under Annalena Baerbock spent over half of that amount

November 10, 2023

Germany’s federal government has spent around €167,000 on hairdressers and makeup artists so far in 2023. The Foreign Office under Annalena Baerbock (Greens) was the biggest spender with €99,000, according to the government’s answer to a question from the AfD parliamentary group.

According to this, hairdresser visits and makeup for the Green minister cost more than those of all other ministries combined. Baerbock is followed by the Federal Chancellery with €23,000 and the Federal Ministry for Family Affairs of Lisa Paus (Greens) with €21,000. The Federal Ministry of Economics has the smallest bill, with hair and makeup in Robert Habeck’s ministry costing taxpayers just €550.

Green ministers cost the most
The Ministries of Justice, Agriculture, Health, Digital Affairs, Education and Housing have so far spent nothing on hairdressers and makeup artists.

Overall, the Green ministers — mainly on account of Baerbock — spend the most at €138,000. They are followed by the Social Democrats with a bill of €37,000. The four FDP-led ministries are the cheapest for taxpayers. Only the Federal Ministry of Finance under Christian Lindner paid €1,800 for a hairdresser or makeup artist.

https://rmx.news/germany/german-taxpayers-foot-the-bill-for-e167000-spent-on-hair-and-makeup-just-this-year/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson