Author Topic: Trump could face new charges for auctioning off ‘priceless gun’ at Mar-a-Lago event  (Read 1053 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump could face new charges for auctioning off ‘priceless gun’ at Mar-a-Lago event
by Cami Mondeaux, Congressional Reporter
November 11, 2023 08:38 AM

Former President Donald Trump could find himself in more legal trouble after a priceless gun was reportedly auctioned off from his Mar-a-Lago collection, possibly violating the conditions of his federal indictment.

During a charity event at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago home last weekend, a gun described as a "one of a kind Trump Glock from the 45th President of the United States Donald J. Trump" was sold at the auction, according to pictures and videos obtained by Meidas Touch News. That could land Trump in further legal trouble as federal law prohibits individuals who are under federal indictment from buying or selling firearms.

Videos obtained by the outlet show the bidding began at $10,000 although it’s not entirely clear how much the firearm was sold for. However, the individual who purchased the gun could also find themselves in trouble for purchasing the gun from Trump when his federal indictments are so publicly known.

Both Trump and the purchaser could face prison time for the auctioning, according to federal gun prohibitions laid out in the Gun Control Act enforced by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/crime/trump-could-face-new-charges-auctioning-priceless-mar-a-lago-event
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Trump could face new charges for auctioning off ‘priceless gun’ at Mar-a-Lago event
by Cami Mondeaux, Congressional Reporter
November 11, 2023 08:38 AM

Former President Donald Trump could find himself in more legal trouble after a priceless gun was reportedly auctioned off from his Mar-a-Lago collection, possibly violating the conditions of his federal indictment.

During a charity event at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago home last weekend, a gun described as a "one of a kind Trump Glock from the 45th President of the United States Donald J. Trump" was sold at the auction, according to pictures and videos obtained by Meidas Touch News. That could land Trump in further legal trouble as federal law prohibits individuals who are under federal indictment from buying or selling firearms.

Videos obtained by the outlet show the bidding began at $10,000 although it’s not entirely clear how much the firearm was sold for. However, the individual who purchased the gun could also find themselves in trouble for purchasing the gun from Trump when his federal indictments are so publicly known.

Both Trump and the purchaser could face prison time for the auctioning, according to federal gun prohibitions laid out in the Gun Control Act enforced by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/crime/trump-could-face-new-charges-auctioning-priceless-mar-a-lago-event
Really? Did the sale go through a FFL? Was the sale legal peer to peer in Florida? Is this just more nonsense drummed up  the left in this 'news article', especially since they repeat the nonsense that Trump got in trouble for holding a gun in a gun store...lord almighty an American citizen handling a gun in a gun store, lock him up and throw away the key!

Online libertybele

Really? Did the sale go through a FFL? Was the sale legal peer to peer in Florida? Is this just more nonsense drummed up  the left in this 'news article', especially since they repeat the nonsense that Trump got in trouble for holding a gun in a gun store...lord almighty an American citizen handling a gun in a gun store, lock him up and throw away the key!

I'm not quite sure as this isn't considered a private gun sale or transfer. I couldn't specifically find any law on private auctions -- though hopefully all who attended were residents of FL -- I believe that would make a difference. Also, those who place the bid, may be legally bound.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0700-0799/0790/Sections/0790.065.html

https://www.gunauctionsusa.com/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Not an expert, but aren't guns manufactured prior to a certain date treated as collectables rather than weapons?  And with different laws?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline GtHawk

Not an expert, but aren't guns manufactured prior to a certain date treated as collectables rather than weapons?  And with different laws?
I don’t think there is a Glock that would qualify as collectable under that definition. I think here collectable is due to special engraving.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
More on the Trump 45 Glock: https://missouriguns.net/product/glock-19-g19-gen3-trump-austria-made-compact-9mm-4-6%E2%80%B3-151-donald-j-trump-45th-special-edition-2-barrels-2-mags-mpn-pi19502t-upc-724235016420/

This is a special edition, and I have held one (a lady I know won one in a raffle up here). Lovely work. But the gun is a 9mm. Unless the one Trump allegedly sold is a .45 special edition.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2023, 01:07:36 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Ok,IF  I understand  this correctly,the goobermint is stating that it is illegal for someone facing criminal charges to be in possession of a firearm,while stating at the same time that it is illegal for them to sell any firearms they might already own?

Kinda like someone asking for directions,and telling them "You can't get there from here."

Not that it really matters because the real purpose is to try to make Trump look like a rich elitist criminal that thinks the laws don't apply to HIM,in order to get the dummy voters who believe everything they read to vote against him because he is an elitist.

PURE bleeping political propaganda. Both  Hitler and Stalin  would be proud of something like this.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline GtHawk

Ok,IF  I understand  this correctly,the goobermint is stating that it is illegal for someone facing criminal charges to be in possession of a firearm,while stating at the same time that it is illegal for them to sell any firearms they might already own?

Kinda like someone asking for directions,and telling them "You can't get there from here."

Not that it really matters because the real purpose is to try to make Trump look like a rich elitist criminal that thinks the laws don't apply to HIM,in order to get the dummy voters who believe everything they read to vote against him because he is an elitist.

PURE bleeping political propaganda. Both  Hitler and Stalin  would be proud of something like this.
I don't think the government is saying anything in regards to this story, I think this is all just babbling bullsh!t spouted by some liberal moron with an agenda that thinks he can spout gibberish about gun laws and knows the left will eat it up like candy. This is no different than the idiot who claimed Trump could be prosecuted for the crime of holding a gun in OMG! a gun store for a photo op!!!

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
 999yawn 999yawn

They got him this time for sure.  Phony indictment Number 93 is the one!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I don’t think there is a Glock that would qualify as collectable under that definition. I think here collectable is due to special engraving.

That makes sene....  Thanks.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I don't think the government is saying anything in regards to this story, I think this is all just babbling bullsh!t spouted by some liberal moron with an agenda that thinks he can spout gibberish about gun laws and knows the left will eat it up like candy. This is no different than the idiot who claimed Trump could be prosecuted for the crime of holding a gun in OMG! a gun store for a photo op!!!

@GtHawk

I missed hearing about THAT brain fart.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!