Author Topic: 34 Migrants Found Clinging to Overturned Boat off Coast of Florida Keys  (Read 231 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
34 Migrants Found Clinging to Overturned Boat off Coast of Florida Keys
A crew from the Coast Guard Station in Marathon pulled the people out of the water

The U.S. Coast Guard rescued 34 migrants Friday morning after they were found clinging to a partially submerged boat off the Florida Keys, according to local media reports.

U.S. Coast Guard spokesperson and Petty Officer Ryan Estrada said that a crew from the Coast Guard Station in Marathon pulled the migrants out of the water after their vessel sunk, the Miami Herald reported.

Captain Marty Lewis was 10 miles away offshore when he spotted the migrants and alerted the U.S. Coast Guard, Local 10 reported.

Officials are yet to determine the nationalities of the migrants rescued. Estrada said that “all are accounted for.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/34-migrants-found-clinging-to-overturned-boat-off-coast-of-florida-keys/ar-AA1jJ1oa?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=e33ad688b5fa40c98fa18fbc00a1f0e6&ei=135
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson