Author Topic: Ep. 38 - The First Amendment is done  (Read 715 times)

Offline mountaineer

Ep. 38 - The First Amendment is done
« on: November 10, 2023, 10:49:46 pm »
Ep. 38  The First Amendment is done.

Douglass Mackey is about to go to prison for mocking Hillary Clinton on the internet. We talked to him right before his sentencing. Remember as you watch that this could be you.

TIMESTAMPS:
(3:12) The Hillary Clinton meme
(4:20) Hillary’s reaction
(6:38) FBI raid

Mackey is currently raising funds for his appeal.

https://twitter.com/TuckerCarlson/status/1722752303843700828
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Ep. 38 - The First Amendment is done
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2023, 11:43:14 pm »
Poltical dirty tricks to defraud voters is not protected speech.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-edny/pr/social-media-influencer-douglass-mackey-convicted-election-interference-2016

... As proven at trial, between September 2016 and November 2016, Mackey conspired with other influential Twitter users and with members of private online groups to use social media platforms, including Twitter, to disseminate fraudulent messages that encouraged supporters of presidential candidate Hillary Clinton to “vote” via text message or social media which, in reality, was legally invalid ...
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2023, 01:10:49 am »

https://www.justice.gov/usao-edny/pr/social-media-influencer-douglass-mackey-convicted-election-interference-2016

... As proven at trial, between September 2016 and November 2016, Mackey conspired with other influential Twitter users and with members of private online groups to use social media platforms, including Twitter, to disseminate fraudulent messages that encouraged supporters of presidential candidate Hillary Clinton to “vote” via text message or social media which, in reality, was legally invalid ...
I have to seriously question the intelligence of voters who might be sucked in by such a joke and believe it was a serious announcement of an alternate voting method.

First, that anyone might have believed it outright for their lack of knowledge of how things work, and second for them not doing their (ridiculously small amount of necessary) due diligence and realizing it was a joke. We're talking about voting age adults, here, not fourth graders.

Keep in mind, this is pre-COVID and before all the ridiculous schemes cooked up thereby to stuff ballot boxes, and even then, this one would have been discarded, or the market for burner phones would have gone through the roof during the election. (Stuffing ballot boxes, double counting,  and software tricks are likely far cheaper and easier means to cheat.)

Now the question arises: Do you actually have to have brass bands and streaming banners telling people something is a joke?, or can we at any point reasonably rely on the discretion of the voting age audience to discern what is real and what is satire or proferred in jest?
Their ignorance (or the projected ignorance of the FLEA/judicial community) is all that stands between a few laughs and a Felony charge. God forbid you share the joke with friends who in turn share it, because that might lead to the destruction of "Democracy". Whatta "conspiracy"!!

(We know leftists have no sense of humor, and ridicule remains one of the best ways to beat them, maybe that's why they are attacking memes and those who share them now.)

If that doesn't put a damper on free speech, what does?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2023, 01:11:52 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2023, 02:46:17 am »
How about anyone that was too stupid to know this was just a joke and actually voted via how this meme suggested, perhaps they shouldn't be voting.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline LMAO

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2023, 02:58:43 am »

Maybe

But if I recall, didn't someone do the same thing except with Trump supporters and they are scot free?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy