Author Topic: Trump threatens to indict his challengers if reelected  (Read 2523 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump threatens to indict his challengers if reelected
« on: November 10, 2023, 09:23:55 pm »
Trump threatens to indict his challengers if he becomes president again
by Eden Villalovas, Breaking News Reporter
November 10, 2023 01:09 PM

Former President Donald Trump threatened to weaponize his own DOJ in a reversal of complaints that Democrats are targeting him.

The former president suggested he could use the FBI and Justice Department to go after rivals if he wins the presidency in 2024. In an hour-long interview with the Spanish-language television network Univision that aired Thursday, Trump attacked President Joe Biden for weaponizing federal agencies in an attempt to halt his presidential campaign.

“I think the people know it's a political persecution,” Trump told host Enrique Acevedo. “It's a political hoax. This is Biden who's the worst president in the history of our country. We've never had a president so dumb, so incompetent, and so corrupt, from the standpoint of what they're doing.”

“They've weaponized the Justice Department, they've weaponized the FBI, and they've come at me with the worst indictments. Nobody's ever seen anything like it."

Acevedo asked Trump if he would also weaponize those departments against his opponents if he was reelected.

“They’ve already done it,” Trump answered. "But if they want to follow through on this, yeah, it could certainly happen in reverse. They’ve released the genie out of the box.”

“When you’re president and you’ve done a good job and you’re popular, you don’t go after them so you can win an election. They’ve done indictments in order to win an election. They call it weaponization,” Trump said. “But yeah, they have done something that allows the next party, I mean if somebody, if I happen to be president and I see somebody who’s doing well and beating me very badly, I say go down and indict them, mostly they would be out of business. They’d be out. They’d be out of the election.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/trump-threatens-indict-challengers-president-again
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Re: Trump threatens to indict his challengers if reelected
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2023, 10:18:53 pm »
Threats are going to get him nowhere other than on a road to losing.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2023, 03:26:55 am »
The only people who like hearing him say that are those already committed to him.  But it loses a lot of folks who don't want weaponization by either side.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2023, 03:30:09 am »
Trump threatens to indict his challengers if he becomes president again

Just like he did with Hillary.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2023, 03:30:14 am »
Seeing the retribution culture on both sides that hallmarks banana republics.

Sad.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline corbe

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2023, 03:38:17 am »
   Like America has time for this $hit.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2023, 05:24:22 am »
Seeing the retribution culture on both sides that hallmarks banana republics.

Sad.

Yeah, the Presidential answer would be that he opposes weaponization of the justice system, and would not further corrupt the system by doing it to his political opponents, but instead would make changes to ensure it doesn't happen again. That's not only the statesmanlike answer, but it's the one that would help him the most politically.

But of course, lacking a single statesman-like bone in his body, Trump just thinks like the sleazy New York businessman that he is, and makes everything personal.  His fans will love it, but everyone else will rightly be sick of it.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2023, 12:55:11 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2023, 06:12:27 am »
Trump says many things that are not true.  Even the things his supporters devoutly believe he accomplished, he did NOT.  He is every bit as much a liar as Biden.

Trump said he would end the H1-b Visa Program DAY ONE  -  months into his presidency, he INCREASED the numbers!

Trump said he would build a wall across our southern border.  He built 440 miles of wall, and they are pouring into the country, invading us across the entire border, and Biden has his arms wide for the whole world to pour in.

In my humble assessment, these two as-sh*ts wipe out all his at-a-boys.  ALL OF THEM!

And he says many things that are just plain *ss dumb.  He will have zero power to go after anyone in the opposite party.  He succumbed to doing anything with Clinton, and I thought she should answer for Benghazi.  Not so much as a hand slap.

I thought Eric Holder would be brought to justice for selling automatic weapons to the Mexican Drug Cartels.  Again, not so much as a hand slap.

And I won't get into the obvious criminal activity that even a blind man could see of Biden while Obama was POTUS.  I did not need years of House investigations to know criminal activity was taking place under Obama.  They were overt about it like they did not answer for anything.  And they didn't!  No one had balls to challenge the Obama Admin for fear of being called a racist!!!  Even now, almost nothing is being done or said.  Just more investigations like Trey Gowdy bullsh*t that will not culminate in anything.

Nothing Trump says is worth a good BM.  He gets elected, he will become a lame duck POTUS.  Congress once again will NOT work with him for four more years.  What little he does will be via Executive Order, and all undone in weeks following his leave from office should another Democommie get elected. 

And 2024 will be fixed again.  Trump could get 90% of the vote and lose by narrow margins in much of the country.

ONES AND ZEROES...ONES AND ZEROES...ONE AND ZEROES.  Remember, Soros owns the firm that does the counting!  It is not a mystery what is going on.

What Trump should promise is establishing extradition with Hungary, and get rid of Soros for him to stand trial and be dispatched for treason in Hungary.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2023, 12:38:02 pm »
 Former President Donald Trump threatened to weaponize his own DOJ in a reversal of complaints that Democrats are targeting him.

Sic 'em!

Just make sure you don't cut any of the leftist alleged Republicans any slack when you do.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2023, 12:40:30 pm »
The only people who like hearing him say that are those already committed to him.  But it loses a lot of folks who don't want weaponization by either side.

@Maj. Bill Martin

Yeah,causen hit mite cause da Dims ta do da same stuff,huh?

The absolute BEST way to put America back on tracks is to completely  ignore all the dirty deeds of the Dims,and not fight back,huh?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2023, 12:42:25 pm »
Yeah, the Presidential answer would be that he opposes weaponization of the justice system, and would not further corrupt the system by doing it to his political opponents, but instead would make changes to ensure it doesn't happen again. That's not only the statesman like answer, but it's the one that would help on the most politically.

But of course, lacking a single statesman-like bone in his body, Trump just thinks like the sleazy New York businessman that he is, and makes everything personal.  His fans will love it, but everyone else will rightly be sick of it.

@Maj. Bill Martin

ROFLMAO!

Yeah,just look at how many lives would have been saved if we had taken that stance with the Germans and the Japanese in the early 1940's!

Good call!

Offline LMAO

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2023, 01:32:05 pm »

@Maj. Bill Martin

ROFLMAO!

Yeah,just look at how many lives would have been saved if we had taken that stance with the Germans and the Japanese in the early 1940's!

Good call!

What the hell does this have to do with the subject being discussed??

You want to end the abuses of the Federal Government against its citizens? Simple. You do what we conservatives have been screaming at the MAGAs for the last several years

REDUCE THE SIZE OF THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT!!!!! STOP FUNDING IT’S ABUSES WITH BORROWING AND CURRENCY DEVALUATION!!!!!!!!

« Last Edit: November 11, 2023, 01:52:50 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2023, 02:01:18 pm »
@Maj. Bill Martin

Yeah,causen hit mite cause da Dims ta do da same stuff,huh?

No.  Because Trump's ability to do anything is dependent upon him winning the election, and comments like this one alienate those who are sick of everything being politicized and want it to stop. And that will cost him votes.  But instead of thinking about votes, he reacts like a three-year old.  "You knocked over my blocks, so I'm going to try to knock over yours."

The absolute BEST way to put America back on tracks is to completely  ignore all the dirty deeds of the Dims,and not fight back,huh?

You fight back by winning elections, and then by building a majority out of those who are sick of what the Democrats have done.  You make your campaign about restoring reason and dignity to the Presidency, and that has a lot of appeal.  But by doing the exact same crap in return, you lose all those potential voters who are sick of politicization by both sides.  There's no revenge if you don't win first.

If you really wanted to take revenge anyway, only a stupid and immature bozo like Trump would telegraph it in advance like he has.  Why not just condemn what the Democrats have done, say that this is not what the country is about, etc., and then slip the knife in after the election?  You get your revenge, but without alienating those voters before the freaking election.

But no.  Trump can't keep his mouth shut because he has all the self-control of a six year old who just ate a whole package of Pixie Stix.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2023, 02:02:09 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2023, 02:06:41 pm »

@Maj. Bill Martin

ROFLMAO!

Good call!

Typical cognitive dissonance from the MAGA faithful.

We are not in an actual war, where smaller numbers can prevail if they are better trained in more aggressive.  Elections are about numbers.  Alienating voters needlessly is stupid, and inexcusable.  It is entirely possible to talk tough without sounding unhinged -- Reagan proved that.  But Trump seems to go out of his way because "bravado" is all he knows, and he is absolutely blind to what it will cost him in votes.

When Trump loses, and he will, don't blame crooked vote counts.  Blame your guy for pissing away votes that were otherwise winnable if he didn't have terminal diarrhea of the mouth.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2023, 02:34:38 pm »
Typical cognitive dissonance from the MAGA faithful.

We are not in an actual war, where smaller numbers can prevail if they are better trained in more aggressive.  Elections are about numbers.  Alienating voters needlessly is stupid, and inexcusable.  It is entirely possible to talk tough without sounding unhinged -- Reagan proved that.  But Trump seems to go out of his way because "bravado" is all he knows, and he is absolutely blind to what it will cost him in votes.

When Trump loses, and he will, don't blame crooked vote counts.  Blame your guy for pissing away votes that were otherwise winnable if he didn't have terminal diarrhea of the mouth.

This is the kind of talk that fires up the MAGA base to crawl through burning buildings to vote for him

The problem for them is the opposition is just as passionate to vote against them and MAGAs are sorely outnumbered
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Online Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2023, 02:49:41 pm »
This is the kind of talk that fires up the MAGA base to crawl through burning buildings to vote for him

The problem for them is the opposition is just as passionate to vote against them and MAGAs are sorely outnumbered

A passionate vote counts no more than a dispassionate one.  And in the era of mail-in ballots, passion isn't necessary in a get out the vote drive because people don't have to make the effort to go to the polls on election day.

I'm convinced that most MAGAs value catharsis over winning. "What makes me feel better at the moment" is of more value than "winning the next election".  They'll just use fatalism to excuse a loss anyway, but they want that emotional rush that comes from listening to Trump.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2023, 02:52:06 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2023, 02:53:38 pm »
What the hell does this have to do with the subject being discussed??

His 365/24/7 misguided mission to make Trump out like a blameless victim s about the most gullible insane POV I have ever seen in 25 years of posting on conservative forums.

From what we know about his circumstances, it would seem Tumpy would be the last person he would support at this level.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2023, 07:01:44 pm »
No.  Because Trump's ability to do anything is dependent upon him winning the election, and comments like this one alienate those who are sick of everything being politicized and want it to stop. And that will cost him votes.  But instead of thinking about votes, he reacts like a three-year old.  "You knocked over my blocks, so I'm going to try to knock over yours."

@Maj. Bill Martin

I guess that is ok if you  think always reacting to what your political opponents say and do,but that is "an OK wrapped in a "Maybe it will be delivered by Santa".

You fight back by winning elections, and then by building a majority out of those who are sick of what the Democrats have done.  You make your campaign about restoring reason and dignity to the Presidency, and that has a lot of appeal.  But by doing the exact same crap in return, you lose all those potential voters who are sick of politicization by both sides.  There's no revenge if you don't win first.

True,but name one candidate that has been elected President by talking and acting like a weasel.  You have to get elected BEFORE you can make ANY  choices,and today,you need a lot of fellow party members winning who  are willing  to back you.

Not even going to respond to your pathetic juvenile rant against Rude Orange Man.

If you want Miss Manners in the WH,VOTE for Miss Manners and leave the rest of us alone.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2023, 07:04:08 pm »

@LMAO

As opposed to DeSanctimonious,who sane people will crawl though a burning building to get away from.

All this crap is related to nothing  more than Class Jealousy.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2023, 07:06:22 pm »
A passionate vote counts no more than a dispassionate one.  And in the era of mail-in ballots, passion isn't necessary in a get out the vote drive because people don't have to make the effort to go to the polls on election day.

I'm convinced that most MAGAs value catharsis over winning. "What makes me feel better at the moment" is of more value than "winning the next election".  They'll just use fatalism to excuse a loss anyway, but they want that emotional rush that comes from listening to Trump.

@Maj. Bill Martin

You are right,of course. MUCH better to "go along to get along with your Miss Manners Plan" so you can make friends with the Dims,and have them and all their ancestors vote for you,huh?

Good luck with THAT plan

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2023, 07:08:12 pm »

You fight back by winning elections,

@Maj. Bill Martin

And you do that by putting on your "Cinderella magic slippers" and dancing your way to victory,right?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2023, 07:12:00 pm »
His 365/24/7 misguided mission to make Trump out like a blameless victim s about the most gullible insane POV I have ever seen in 25 years of posting on conservative forums.

@catfish1957

You are more full of Biden than  a Christmas Turkey. I am ON RECORD here,stating numerous times that I don't even LIKE Trump.

He IS what America needs come the next election,though. A bleep that can't be bought or bribed,and who ONLY  cares about how he gets written up in the history books.

Plus,as an extra added attraction,he  can't run for re-election,so he won't be spending 4 years kissing leftist ass in hope of getting some of their votes.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2023, 07:21:04 pm »
If you want Miss Manners in the WH,VOTE for Miss Manners and leave the rest of us alone.

Right - because you MAGA types neither need nor want the votes of anyone other than true MAGA believers.

And that's probably all you're going to get, so I suppose getting exactly what you want will be your consolation when he loses.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2023, 07:35:41 pm »
Right - because you MAGA types neither need nor want the votes of anyone other than true MAGA believers.

And that's probably all you're going to get, so I suppose getting exactly what you want will be your consolation when he loses.

What he forgets is that big, shiny Federal Government that would be used to get even with people he doesn’t like will also be there for the next Democrat to use against people like him.

You see that now. Parents labeled as domestic terrorists because they simply show up to school board meetings to express their discontent with what their children are taught, lopsided applications of the law, ect ect

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2023, 07:40:35 pm »
@Maj. Bill Martin

And you do that by putting on your "Cinderella magic slippers" and dancing your way to victory,right?

That’s not what he said

If you think the idea of enacting change through the electoral process is a fantasy, how do you propose it gets done?

It’s obvious you guys can’t win elections even with the terrible circumstances of the country. So you must have a Plan B

Barry Goldwater