Author Topic: Beatlemania is back as chart-topping 'Now And Then' breaks records  (Read 803 times)

Online libertybele

Well, I am definitely not a fan of the song, I think it is pretty bad.

Beatlemania is back as chart-topping 'Now And Then' breaks records

The Beatles returned to the top of the UK music charts on Friday, with the record-breaking track "Now And Then", making history as the act with the longest gap between its first and last No. 1 single.

Billed as the last Beatles song, "Now And Then" features the voice of late member John Lennon and was developed using artificial intelligence. It also features parts recorded by surviving members Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr as well as the late George Harrison.

The group's 18th UK No. 1 hit, it brings The Beatles back to the top of the Official Singles Chart 60 years after the group's first No. 1 single "From Me to You". The feat also extends The Beatles' record as the British act with the most UK No. 1 singles in Official Charts history.

"It’s mind boggling. It’s blown my socks off," McCartney said in a statement. "It’s also a very emotional moment for me. I love it!"

The song is the fastest-selling single of the year to date in Britain with 48,600 physical and download sales based on the its first seven days, the Official Charts Company said.

It is also the fastest-selling vinyl single of the century so far in Britain with more than 19,400 copies sold on vinyl, and the most-streamed Beatles track in one week, with 5.03 million streams, it added.............

https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/beatlemania-is-back-chart-topping-now-then-breaks-records-2023-11-10/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Beatlemania is back as chart-topping 'Now And Then' breaks records
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2023, 08:10:50 pm »
The Rolling Stone's released a new album and the same week A new Beatles song tops the charts.

Just exactly how far did we turn back the clocks last Sunday?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2023, 08:46:01 am »
The Rolling Stone's released a new album and the same week A new Beatles song tops the charts.

I'm holding out for some good Motown!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2023, 12:20:00 pm »

@Wingnut

To THE perfect place,musically?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2023, 02:06:14 am »
Meanwhile in America... #105 on the charts, as Taylor Swift's death grip on Billboard continues.

https://www.billboard.com/charts/hot-100/2023-11-11/
https://www.billboard.com/charts/bubbling-under-hot-100-singles/2023-11-11/
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online libertybele

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2023, 02:17:45 am »
I'm holding out for some good Motown!

:beer:  I love Motown!!!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.