Author Topic: 'Where are these people gonna go?' Massachusetts' emergency shelters reach capacity amid ongoing mig  (Read 319 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
'Where are these people gonna go?' Massachusetts' emergency shelters reach capacity amid ongoing migrant crisis
CANDACE HATHAWAY
NOVEMBER 09, 2023

Massachusetts' emergency shelter system reached capacity amid the nation's ongoing migrant crisis, according to data released Thursday, the Boston Herald reported.

The state's emergency shelters are equipped to provide temporary housing to 7,500 families. According to Democratic Governor Maura Healey, Massachusetts has reached its state-imposed capacity limit and must now begin turning people away. Families seeking shelter will be placed on a waitlist.

According to WCVB, 7,517 families are currently utilizing the state's shelter system as of Thursday afternoon. More than 3,800 families were placed in hotels, 3,650 in traditional shelters, and 61 in temporary emergency shelter spaces.

The limit will be implemented at the end of the day, according to Emergency Assistance Director General Scott Rice.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/where-are-these-people-gonna-go-massachusetts-emergency-shelters-reach-capacity-amid-ongoing-migrant-crisis
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The government of Taxachusettes invited them and now are throwing them into the cold.  They need to step up, like good, compassionate democrats, and do whatever it takes to feed, house, educate, and provide medical care for them. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson