Author Topic: NYC café serves 15K customers in a day after pro-Palestine staff quit  (Read 339 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
NYC café serves 15K customers in a day after pro-Palestine staff quit

Published on
09 November 2023

Caffe Aronne owner Aaron Dahan has received close to $50,000 in donations, served 15,000 customers in a single day, and rapidly expanded its following after a walkout by his staff due to his support for Israel.

Dahan, 25, served a continuous line of customers reaching around the corner for two straight days, and stayed open until midnight – far past closing hours – after at least five baristas resigned on Tuesday when he addressed the ‘Free Palestine’ pins they wore to work.

Amidst the chaotic scene of supporters on Wednesday afternoon, Dahan split his time between taking out the trash, accepting generous donations from community members, and expressing gratitude to his family, friends, and strangers who rallied to help the café cope with the extra workload.

The community’s strength was on full display as dozens of volunteers, many of whom had personal connections to the war, joined in to offer their assistance.

https://newsfinale.com/us/nyc-cafe-serves-15k-customers-in-a-day-after-pro-palestine-staff-quit/
« Last Edit: November 10, 2023, 11:36:22 am by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson