Author Topic: Cruz Calls Out Smears Against Justice Thomas Ahead of Subpoenas: 'Utterly and Completely Hypocritica  (Read 432 times)

Offline libertybele

Cruz Calls Out Smears Against Justice Thomas Ahead of Subpoenas: 'Utterly and Completely Hypocritical'

......."Ahead of the vote, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX), who is a member of the Committee, addressed the attacks from Democrats on Thomas during a recent episode of "The Verdict," a podcast he co-hosts with Ben Ferguson.

As Cruz explained it, "the purpose of this subpoena is there is a concerted smear campaign directed at Justice Thomas." The senator reminded of the stories from ProPublica against the justice, have been thoroughly criticized. "And so, you've seen the stories about 'Justice Thomas flew on a private plane.' 'Justice Thomas was the guest at the vacation home of a billionaire and so he must be corrupt,'" he mentioned as examples.

That smear campaign, Cruz explained, "is utterly and completely hypocritical," pointing out that from 2004 to 2018, the nine justices took 1,306 trips," with Cruz and Ferguson emphasizing the nine people "travel a lot." Many other justices, including the liberal ones, took trips as well.

One particularly prominent example Cruz mentioned involves former Justice Stephen Breyer, who served from 1994-2022, and who was "repeatedly float around by the billionaire Pritzker Family from Chicago." That family includes Illinois' current governor, Democrat JB Prtizker. "Justice Breyer took more reimbursed trips--219--than any other member from 2004 to 2018," Cruz also pointed out.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/rebeccadowns/2023/11/09/ted-cruz-calls-out-smear-of-justice-clarence-thomas-n2630926
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

So what if they smear Justice Thomas (again)?  He is Supreme Court Justice for life.  The only reason to express concern is if there is fire beneath that smoke.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2023, 06:21:43 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.