Author Topic: 'This ends today': Retired US lawyer stuck behind environmentalist blockade guns down two Panamanian  (Read 696 times)

Online libertybele

'This ends today': Retired US lawyer stuck behind environmentalist blockade guns down two Panamanian protesters

Western environmentalists and climate alarmists have gone to great lengths to protest job-creating mineral extraction and the use of affordable energy in recent years, gluing themselves to airport runways, vandalizing priceless works of art, and ruining their own celebrations. One of their go-to tactics has been illegal road blockades.

Blockaders usually face little consequence for holding up traffic, even when emergency vehicles need to get by. On occasion, they have been met with criticism, buckets of water, and fisticuffs. On Tuesday, a pair of Panamanian eco-alarmists were met with bullets.

A 77-year-old Panamanian-born U.S. citizen got stuck behind a blockade roughly 55 miles west of Panama City. After a failed attempt to clear the barricade, he gunned down a pair of ostensibly unarmed protesters. As a TV news crew was just a stone's throw away, the whole incident was caught on tape.

Minera Panamá S.A., a subsidiary of Canadian mining company First Quantum Minerals, recently secured a contract from the Panamanian government to operate a copper mine in a jungle west of Panama City at a time when copper, needed for the manufacture of electric vehicles, is in high demand, reported the Times. .............

https://www.theblaze.com/news/retired-us-lawyer-fatally-shoots-two-panamanian-environmentalists
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline dfwgator

He's at the age where Life in Prison doesn't provide much deterence.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Well... I'm sure it was satisfying but he just ruined what is left of his life.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Sometime  saying what you think might get you into trouble.   888mouth
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Paul Harvey: The rest of the story ...

The mining concern in Panama is owned and run by the CCP (China) through a Canadian shell corporation.
China, of course, has zero concern for environmental damage and are raping/contaminating the Panamanian jungle.
The protest was about the environment, but also about the undue influence China is gaining over all of Panama.

However, blocking traffic is an utterly STUPID way to protest anything no matter how just you believe your goals to be. Instead of gaining support, it makes people HATE you and your cause. I would have used bear spray.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Hoodat

Abdiel Díaz Chavez died at the scene. The second victim, identified as 62-year-old Iván Rodríguez Mendoza, was taken to a nearby clinic, where he later died.

I bet those two protesters never try that again.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I bet those two protesters never try that again.
:pondering: I wonder, should there be a FAFO section?

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
As you reach the end of your years the less bullshit and dumbassery you will tolerate. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
When I first read this, my thoughts were, "it's about time somebody did this".

Don't put me on the jury.

Sorry if you don't like this post.

Online mountaineer

Pedro L. Gonzalez
@emeriticus
Kenneth Darlington had been running errands in La Chorrera when another roadblock brought his and the lives of others to a grinding halt. The Panamanian-born U.S. citizen exited his vehicle and started down the highway alone on foot as cumbia music thumped through blown-out speakers, nearly drowning out the cheers and cries of the protestors he was approaching. Behind him was a long column of trapped cars and trucks. Demonstrators for weeks forced parts of the country into chaos, causing gridlock and food and fuel shortages as they railed against the government over its agreement with a Canadian company to run an open-pit copper mine in the Colon province. But what did that have to do with a 77-year-old retired lawyer and professor like Darlington? Something in him broke.

After a brief argument, Darlington fatally shot two protestors, cleared the blockade, and calmly returned to his car. “Vámonos,” he told his girlfriend. ...

https://twitter.com/emeriticus/status/1723069807375880483
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org