Author Topic: Massachusetts governor: the border should be open, but migrants should not come to Massachusetts  (Read 326 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Massachusetts governor: the border should be open, but migrants should not come to Massachusetts
November 6, 2023by philg

“As Massachusetts shelters fill to capacity, Maura Healey says there are ‘a lot of places in the country where people can go’” (Boston Herald):

With the state’s shelter system at or approaching maximum capacity, the governor is suggesting new migrants could consider settling somewhere other than Massachusetts after they cross the U.S. border.

According to Gov. Maura Healey, there are 40 to 50 new families arriving in the state every day and seeking state assistance with housing, and the influx of people to Massachusetts — many without lawful presence in the U.S. — has pushed the state’s shelter system close to its 7,500-family limit.

“We expect to reach it soon,” Healey told WCVB. “We’ve just reached capacity here in terms of the physical space where we can house people, the number of service providers who are out there to provide services, and also the funds to pay for this.”

https://philip.greenspun.com/blog/2023/11/06/massachusetts-governor-the-border-should-be-open-but-migrants-should-not-come-to-massachusetts/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Typical democrat hypocrite: do as I say, not as I do.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Yup ... limousine liberal hypocrisy at its finest ... keep sending those migrant buses up North.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright