Author Topic: The U.S. border is not open to unlawful migration  (Read 310 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The U.S. border is not open to unlawful migration
« on: November 09, 2023, 01:20:05 pm »
The U.S. border is not open to unlawful migration

When the CDC's Title 42 public health Order lifted at 11:59 p.m. ET on May 11, the United States returned to fully enforcing Title 8 immigration authorities to expeditiously process and remove individuals who arrive at the U.S. border unlawfully and do not have a legal basis to stay. 

These decades-old authorities carry steep consequences for unlawful entry or irregular entry, including at least a five-year bar on admission and potential criminal prosecution for repeat violators. Individuals who cross into the United States at the Southwest Border without authorization or having used a lawful pathway, and without having scheduled a time to arrive at a port of entry, would be presumed ineligible for asylum under a new proposed regulation, absent an applicable exception.

Enforcement of immigration laws under Title 8 is expected to reduce the number of repeat border crossings over time, which increased significantly under the Title 42 public health Order, since it did not allow for legal consequences.

Smugglers will continue to spread lies to lure migrants into irregular migration, placing a strain on our immigration system, our communities, and our dedicated workforce. In contrast, the following official U.S. government resources provide accurate information on how our immigration system works, and how we are expanding lawful pathways, coupled with enhanced enforcement, to reduce irregular migration and ensure safe, orderly, and humane management of our borders and our immigration system.

https://www.dhs.gov/immigrationlaws

« Last Edit: November 09, 2023, 01:21:04 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: The U.S. border is not open to unlawful migration
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2023, 01:23:33 pm »
 :bsflag: :bs: :banghead:

There are laws against murder but those are enforced.  Laws against illegal immigration are selectively and seldomly enforced. :headbang:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson