Author Topic: SAG -AFTRA STRIKE IS OVER- BREAKING  (Read 393 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
SAG -AFTRA STRIKE IS OVER- BREAKING
« on: November 09, 2023, 12:50:12 am »
SAG-AFTRA’s negotiating committee has approved a a tentative deal with the major studios that would end a nearly four month-long strike that has sidelined thousands of workers.

“In a unanimous vote this afternoon, The SAG-AFTRA TV/Theatrical Committee approved a tentative agreement with the AMPTP bringing an end to the 118 day strike,” the union said in a statement. “The strike officially ends at 12:01 a.m. on Thursday, November 9.”

The tentative contract — which still must be ratified by the union’s board and members — would boost minimum pay for members, increase residual payments for shows streamed online and bolster contributions to the union’s health and pension plans. It also establishes new rules for the use of artificial intelligence, a major source of concern for actors.

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/business/story/2023-11-08/actors-strike-sag-aftra-amptp-contract-deal-ai-streaming
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: SAG -AFTRA STRIKE IS OVER- BREAKING
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2023, 01:32:47 am »
So our Hiatus from bad writing...and acting is over? How sad :crying:
« Last Edit: November 09, 2023, 01:35:56 am by GtHawk »

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2023, 01:38:36 am »
Yawn.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2023, 01:44:19 am »
Hey, my son and his girlfriend are in the industry, so I care about this (a little).  She just got her first job with the title "writer" when the writers went out on strike (after working in writers' rooms with lesser titles and often being basically the coffee girl for years).  He should actually have been on the studio side in the actor's strike since he's on track to get a producer role in the video-game industry, but he was supporting the actors anyway.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.