Author Topic: Texas chemical explosion forces shelter-in-place order  (Read 537 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Texas chemical explosion forces shelter-in-place order
« on: November 08, 2023, 07:48:53 pm »
Texas chemical explosion forces shelter-in-place order
At least one person reportedly suffered burns in explosion in Sheperd, Texas
By Stephen Sorace Fox News
Published November 8, 2023 12:30pm EST

Texas chemical plant explosion forces evacuations, shelter-in-place order

An explosion at a chemical plant in Shepherd, Texas, on Wednesday prompted officials to order residents within a mile of the blast to shelter in place. (Credit: FOX26 Houston KRIV)

An explosion at a chemical plant in Texas on Wednesday has prompted nearby communities to shelter in place as officials work to determine whether any chemicals were released into the air.

The blast happened at Sound Resource Solutions along U.S. Highway 59 in Shepherd. The city in located in San Jacinto County about 60 miles northeast of Houston. 

One person suffered first-degree burns to the face and second-degree and third-degree burns to the arms, FOX26 Houston reported, citing a source. The individual was being treated at Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center.

An initial 5-mile shelter-in-place order was reduced to a 1-mile radius after officials assessed the scene, the San Jacinto County of Emergency Management said.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-chemical-explosion-forces-shelter-in-place-order
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Texas chemical explosion forces shelter-in-place order
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2023, 08:26:06 pm »
Link to products from Sound Resource Solutions: https://www.soundrs.net/our-products
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2023, 08:56:06 pm »
Nasty looking facility fire, that appears to be focused on three vectors, and engulfing at least half the plant. 

Sadly, containment is apparently their best and only option now. 

Looking at the product list, my biggest concern is that if some of those organics are comingling with the chlorinated products, then burning.  From the film I can tell if those structures to the right are residents, or office space.  Looking at the surrounding terrain, I am betting they are offices.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2023, 08:56:55 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2023, 09:01:27 pm »
Nasty looking facility fire, that appears to be focused on three vectors, and engulfing at least half the plant. 

Sadly, containment is apparently their best and only option now. 

Looking at the product list, my biggest concern is that if some of those organics are comingling with the chlorinated products, then burning.  From the film I can tell if those structures to the right are residents, or office space.  Looking at the surrounding terrain, I am betting they are offices.
Yep. looks like a nasty one, from a firefighter's POV.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis