Author Topic: Aldi Is Cutting Its Prices in Half This Thanksgiving  (Read 2663 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Aldi Is Cutting Its Prices in Half This Thanksgiving
« on: November 06, 2023, 08:48:08 pm »
Believe it or not, Thanksgiving is right around the corner, and if you haven’t started planning your menu and grocery lists, now might be a good time to start. Especially because our favorite German grocery retailer just announced a deal that’s too good to pass up.

It’s no secret that food shopping is consistently getting more expensive, so if you’ve been dreading your November grocery bill, that’s where Aldi comes in. In November, Aldi will slash its holiday prices by up to 50% on more than 70 essential products.

Aldi Thanksgiving Deal 2023

You might recall last Thanksgiving, Aldi dropped its prices to pre-pandemic levels, which saved customers about 30% on holiday staples—like pie, stuffing, cheese, and even wine. This year, the retailer is taking it one step further by offering dozens of products up to 50% off—making most items less than $4.

In fact, Aldi says that by shopping at its stores for all your Thanksgiving food, you’ll save enough money to invite three extra guests to your gathering.

https://www.allrecipes.com/aldi-cutting-prices-in-half-thanksgiving-2023-8362534

:turkeyhunt: :tgigintable: :tgigintable:
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Re: Aldi Is Cutting Its Prices in Half This Thanksgiving
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2023, 08:49:03 pm »
FYI  to any members and guests.

I hope this can help someone
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2023, 08:49:29 pm »
Good to know, especially as I'm hosting this year and there will be 6 or 7 of us.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2023, 08:57:07 pm »
I may have to check this out.  I'll be having either 13 or 15 for Thanksgiving this year, depending on whether my sis-in-law feels up to coming.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2023, 08:59:12 pm »
Aldi bought Winn-Dixie this past year.  Wonder if W-D will do the same?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2023, 09:01:05 pm »
Nearest Aldi is about 350 miles away... :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2023, 09:17:28 pm »
For Kroger shopper....turkeys will be 49cents a pound starting Wed..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2023, 09:18:25 pm »

Wow!!!  Wish we had a Kroger around here. Our local Publix still doesn't have them in -- the Walmart neighborhood market is selling them for $1.28/lb.  None yet at Farmer Joe's either.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2023, 09:23:39 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2023, 09:23:52 pm »

Fresh, frozen, or both?
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online libertybele

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2023, 09:37:23 pm »
Aldi bought Winn-Dixie this past year.  Wonder if W-D will do the same?

Just looked at our Aldi flyer -- turkeys are going for $1.27/lb. Not exactly a deal. :shrug:

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2023, 09:37:29 pm »
Good to know, especially as I'm hosting this year and there will be 6 or 7 of us.
Probably just the BIL this year, but he eats like six or seven **nononono* No joke, true story, and he's type one diabetes, I don't care if he kills himself but the SOB hasn't made a will or trust which means my wife, the last sister, will be stuck with a shitstorm and the gooberment will take a huuge cut. I know it doesn't show but I really don't like him.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2023, 09:38:14 pm »
Everybody remember now...Aldi's coffee K-Cups are awful...apparently except the DECAF Breakfast Blend.   :seeya:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2023, 09:38:42 pm »
Don't think of the drive time or gas, just the money you'll save :whistle:

Online libertybele

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2023, 09:43:38 pm »
Probably just the BIL this year, but he eats like six or seven **nononono* No joke, true story, and he's type one diabetes, I don't care if he kills himself but the SOB hasn't made a will or trust which means my wife, the last sister, will be stuck with a shitstorm and the gooberment will take a huuge cut. I know it doesn't show but I really don't like him.

You don't like your BIL??? I would have never guessed.  :laugh:  I don't care for mine either; pompous, arrogant and stayed with us while his father was passing (who he hadn't seen in over 4 year) because he told us he couldn't afford a hotel.  We found out he has a new 5 bedroom 3.5 bathroom home in VA on 1.75 acres!  Yep, what a SOB -- couldn't bother with his father  .... I could go on -- but at least he won't be at our Thanksgiving table -- yeppers -- something to be grateful for.  happy77

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2023, 09:49:18 pm »
Sorry it's 59 cents lb

« Last Edit: November 06, 2023, 10:01:57 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online roamer_1

« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2023, 09:55:09 pm »

Add the distance between you and me... Because your closest is probably my closest... Unless Oklahoma winds up being closer...  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2023, 09:59:40 pm »
Sorry it's 59 cents lb

Still a pretty good deal. 

Online mountaineer

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2023, 10:45:01 pm »
I've been doing my shopping on Fridays lately to get those quadruple fuel points at Kroger. Desperate times ...

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2023, 11:18:36 pm »
We have one in town.

We've been living on pasta, rice, staples. Not very healthy.

Online libertybele

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2023, 11:19:56 pm »
I've been doing my shopping on Fridays lately to get those quadruple fuel points at Kroger. Desperate times ...

Fuel points???  I wish we had something like that.

Online libertybele

« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2023, 11:25:28 pm »
We have one in town.

We've been living on pasta, rice, staples. Not very healthy.

We eat Barilla pasta with more protein...brown rice... and different pasta sauces. Meat is usually what's on sale... and we eat a lot of ground beef and chicken. Farmer Joe's usually has sales.  Grilled cheese and canned soup.  Maybe not the healthiest, but, it's food.  Mac ' n ' cheese is always comforting.  Still haven't delved into the dehydrated canned foods -- saving that for desperate times.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2023, 11:26:52 pm »
Fuel points???  I wish we had something like that.
Yeah, spend $100 on groceries, get 100 points or 10 cents off per gallon, plus get 50 points for doing customer surveys once a week. So quadrupling the points is very helpful. I'm frugal (to a fault) anyway, but Bidenomics is really making me step up my penny-pinching game.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2023, 11:44:21 pm »
If all y'all can do bulk see if an Azure Standard truck delivers somewhere in town... Mostly we eat from the garden... Bulk foods from Azure... Beef from the farm, game and forage... That way leaves little to buy at the store.

I buy my rice 25 pounds at a time, for instance... Y'all are paying crazy prices to buy them little bags at the store... same for beans of any kind... same with a lot of things.

Online libertybele

« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2023, 11:55:37 pm »
Yeah, spend $100 on groceries, get 100 points or 10 cents off per gallon, plus get 50 points for doing customer surveys once a week. So quadrupling the points is very helpful. I'm frugal (to a fault) anyway, but Bidenomics is really making me step up my penny-pinching game.

Well, the best I've done is buying Dominos pizza (I know not the best) but with points they give you free 'emergency' medium pizza with two toppings.  So far I have $8.00 saved with Farmer Joe points.  Every now and then we get a free sub with points at Jimmy John's. :shrug:

My daughter has apps where she saves on gas --- I'm not into all the apps

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2023, 12:06:24 am »
I ruthlessly watch sales and stock up when they come around. Load the freezer, make three trips into the store for limited items (in the same store run).

No one says anything about that. Likely, I am not the only one. I stocked up on canned goods last year, so I am pretty good there. Then there is the freeze dried.bulk stuff packed away.

That, and the walleye I put up last summer, and I am in fairly good shape. I have a couple coolers outside in case the power goes down (most likely when the weather is bad, anyway, so frozen stuff should keep for a couple days or longer out there).

Not going to starve, God willing.
I went a week without food once and swore I'd never do that again if I could help it.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis