Author Topic: Anne Frank kindergarten will be renamed ‘to be more diverse’  (Read 564 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Anne Frank kindergarten will be renamed ‘to be more diverse’
« on: November 06, 2023, 08:42:04 pm »
A German kindergarten has said it will drop Anne Frank from its name in favour of a “more diverse” alternative, adding fuel to the national debate over anti-Semitism amid the Israel-Hamas war.

The kindergarten in the village of Tangerhütte, in eastern Germany, said it was rebranding itself “world explorer kindergarten” in order to be more inclusive.

The name change ends half a century of association with the Jewish 15-year-old who died in Bergen-Belsen concentration camp in 1945.

“We wanted a name without a political background,” Linda Schichor, the kindergarten’s director, told a local newspaper.

Ms Schichor said that the story of Anne Frank was difficult to explain to small children, while immigrant families had “often never heard of her” or her diary about her family’s attempt to remain hidden from the Nazis in occupied Amsterdam.

https://news.yahoo.com/anne-frank-kindergarten-renamed-sparking-142313054.html
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline dfwgator

Re: Anne Frank kindergarten will be renamed ‘to be more diverse’
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2023, 08:44:51 pm »
Germany will be a Turkish colony within 50 years.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2023, 08:47:03 pm »
... “We wanted a name without a political background,” Linda Schichor, the kindergarten’s director, told a local newspaper.

Ms Schichor said that the story of Anne Frank was difficult to explain to small children, while immigrant families had “often never heard of her” or her diary about her family’s attempt to remain hidden from the Nazis in occupied Amsterdam. ...
Anne Frank is not a "political background," you nitwit, but an historical and literary figure.  **nononono*
And who cares about the name of the kindergarten or whether they're acquainted with the person for whom it's named (and who cares what immigrants know, anyway)? There are plenty of schools in my region named for people few in the current generation would remember. It doesn't mean they should be renamed.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2023, 08:50:50 pm »
Was Buchenwald-Ravensbrück Kindergarten for the Exterminated already taken?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2023, 08:56:57 pm »
Carry that same alleged mentality here, and George Washington's name will be stricken because (illegal) "immigrants" don't know who he is.

If you immigrate, be prepared to learn the history of where you immigrate to, because you will never understand the culture here without it. (Same goes for those born here).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline berdie

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2023, 11:18:13 pm »
Anne Frank is not a "political background," you nitwit, but an historical and literary figure.  **nononono*
And who cares about the name of the kindergarten or whether they're acquainted with the person for whom it's named (and who cares what immigrants know, anyway)? There are plenty of schools in my region named for people few in the current generation would remember. It doesn't mean they should be renamed.

Well said. Maybe people should learn who these people are. But history....

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2023, 11:19:27 pm »
Anne Frank is now cancelled huh?

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2023, 11:28:14 pm »
Anne Frank is now cancelled huh?
That's it in a nutshell.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2023, 02:11:57 pm »
Nolte: Migrant Pressure Forces Germany to Rename Anne Frank Daycare Center — Report

Anne FrankTIM SLOAN/AFP via Getty Images
JOHN NOLTE7 Nov 2023563

German media report that the Anne Frank Daycare Center in a small German town will be renamed because migrant parents objected.

The Jerusalem Post wrote [emphasis added]:

The “Anne Frank” daycare center in Tangerhütte, which has been operating for generations, is set to undergo a name change. The decision to rename the daycare center, named after the most famous Jewish girl, has sparked controversy.

The idea of changing of name of Frank, who tragically died in a concentration camp at the age of 15, has come from migrant parents, according to the daycare center’s director. “It is reported that parents with migrant backgrounds feel uncertain about the name and find it challenging to explain to their children,” the report said.

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2023/11/07/nolte-migrant-pressure-forces-germany-to-rename-anne-frank-daycare-center-report/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson