Author Topic: Betting on Biden: Automakers Commit Billions to Electric Vehicles While Americans Stick with Gas-Pow  (Read 1187 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Betting on Biden: Automakers Commit Billions to Electric Vehicles While Americans Stick with Gas-Powered Cars

John Binder 6 Nov 2023

Automakers are taking the plunge with President Joe Biden, committing billions to produce electric vehicles (EVs) as part of labor contracts with the United Auto Workers (UAW) despite consumer trends showing Americans are largely uninterested.

Since the UAW announced deals with General Motors (GM), Ford, and Stellantis following its six-week-long strike against the Big Three, details have now emerged regarding the tentative contracts which are expected to be approved by auto workers.

According to Fortune, as part of the agreements with GM, Ford, and Stellantis, each automaker is committing billions to manufacture EVs despite consumer data showing Americans are sticking with gas-powered cars now more than ever.

At GM, auto executives have agreed to continue producing the all-electric Cadillac LYRIQ while adding another EV to its product line out of the Spring Hill Assembly Plant in Tennessee.

GM is also committing to producing an EV in partnership with another automaker, an EV SUV at its Factory Zero in Detroit, Michigan, and more EVs at its plants in Orion Township, Michigan; Kansas City, Kansas; and Lansing, Michigan.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2023/11/06/betting-biden-automakers-commit-billions-electric-vehicles-while-americans-stick-gas-powered-cars/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I wouldn't be surprised if both GM and Ford end up in bankruptcy in about five years.

Stellantis may seek to withdraw from much of the American market (after great losses).

Offline LMAO

Their first problem was betting on Biden
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I wouldn't be surprised if both GM and Ford end up in bankruptcy in about five years.

Stellantis may seek to withdraw from much of the American market (after great losses).
Unless there is some sort of legislative backing for EVs, I don't see them capturing much more market share, and I expect that to taper in the future.  Maybe they know some sort of bailout is on the way.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DefiantMassRINO

The Government will buy the EV's for Federal Agencies and may issue mandates for Federal Contractors to force adoption.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

How many times has GM declared bankruptcy? I think twice in my lifetime so far. What difference does another one make right? ;)

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Unless there is some sort of legislative backing for EVs, I don't see them capturing much more market share, and I expect that to taper in the future.  Maybe they know some sort of bailout is on the way.

Any corporation that supports the left wing narrative gets bailouts.  They know they incur minimal risk.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
ICE baby ICE.  The sooner the Big 3 wake up the better.  The EV push will be the end for them.  Well that and trying to sell cars and trucks that MSRP for 50K and more.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
ICE baby ICE.  The sooner the Big 3 wake up the better.  The EV push will be the end for them.  Well that and trying to sell cars and trucks that MSRP for 50K and more.

Exactly...  Those automakers who realize too late will circle the drain....

Only to be resurrected by their dim supporters via bailouts.  This cycle of destruction can only be repeated so many times though.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LMAO

Exactly...  Those automakers who realize too late will circle the drain....

Only to be resurrected by their dim supporters via bailouts.  This cycle of destruction can only be repeated so many times though.

And how many Republicans do you think will also go along with those bailouts? I’m confident people like Rand Paul would not. But if Trump were to be reelected next year and these car companies started to crash financially, I’m not as confident that he would not sign onto a bailout

I remember back in 2008 when John McCain said he opposed those bail out yet he suspended his campaign temporally to vote for them
« Last Edit: November 07, 2023, 07:20:37 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
To the point of how out-of-touch Ford and other auto makers are:

I have repeatedly pointed out that the most significant vehicle Ford has produced in the last three years is not the Mach-E or the Lightning pickup, but the Maverick hybrid pickup. The fact that Ford under-projected the significance of this vehicle has been well-documented. And the fact that the Dearborn-based automaker has continuously dealt with production difficulties has been well-documented too. If Ford isn’t putting an all-out press on not only producing more Mavericks but promoting the hell out of them, I would be shocked. But then again, it’s Ford, so being shocked at its stumblebum routine is not a value-added activity.

If Stelantis was smart they would build and sell thousands of Dodge Rampages here in America.  It is a great looking small PU and priced right.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.