Author Topic: Hundreds leave Tapachula, Mexico to join thousands in massive migrant caravan heading for US  (Read 335 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Hundreds leave Tapachula, Mexico to join thousands in massive migrant caravan heading for US

Greg Wehner By Greg Wehner Fox News
Published November 5, 2023 8:57pm EST

Email

Michael McCaul calls for bringing back 'Remain in Mexico'-style policy
Reps. Michael McCaul, R-Texas, and Henry Cuellar, D-Texas, weigh in on the threat of a government shutdown and the immigration crisis on 'Your World with Neil Cavuto.'

A massive caravan consisting of thousands of migrants making its way to the U.S.-Mexico border will soon be joined by hundreds more who left the southern Mexican city of Tapachula on Sunday.

Reuters reported that the larger caravan, consisting of a reported 7,000 people, is currently stopped just north of Tapachula in the town Huixtla. The group left from Tapachula six days ago and will be joined by the smaller group of what is estimated to consist of "hundreds" of more migrants.

Most of the migrants hail from Cuba, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras and Venezuela.

"I think 3.4 months is too long to wait to get a humanitarian visa, to be able to travel through Mexican territory," Selma Alvarez of Venezuela told Reuters.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/hundreds-leave-tapachula-mexico-join-thousands-migrant-caravan-heading-us
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Raspail was right: