Author Topic: Top GOP lawmakers demand Biden admin fork over info on 'egregious' DOJ settlement with separated mig  (Read 277 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Top GOP lawmakers demand Biden admin fork over info on 'egregious' DOJ settlement with separated migrants
The deal blocks the U.S. from implementing a 'zero tolerance' policy for years to come
Adam Shaw By Adam Shaw Fox News
Published November 6, 2023 10:18am EST

The White House projects weakness: Rep. Jim Jordan
Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, discusses FBI Director Christopher Wray warning of terror threats in the U.S. and Speaker Mike Johnson facing attacks for his Christian faith.

FIRST ON FOX: Republicans on the House Judiciary Committee are investigating a deal the Biden administration reached with civil rights groups over the separation of thousands of migrant family units at the southern border during the Trump administration -- seeking information about what they say are "egregious" stipulations in the deal.

Chairman Jim Jordan and immigration subcommittee Chairman Tom McClintock have written to Attorney General Merrick Garland requesting documents about the settlement announced last month in a lawsuit launched by the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) over the Trump administration’s "zero tolerance" policy to prosecute all illegal entries at the border. That policy resulted in the separation of minors from their parents before it was ultimately reversed.

The settlement would block any future separations for eight years, while also providing authorization for parents of separated children to come to the U.S. under humanitarian parole for three years and work in the United States. The families receive housing aid for up to a year as well as healthcare and legal aid.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/top-gop-lawmakers-demand-biden-admin-fork-over-info-egregious-doj-settlement-separated-migrants
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson