Author Topic: ‘Out of Room’: New York City Is Literally Paying For Migrants To Leave, But Many Refuse To Go  (Read 290 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
‘Out of Room’: New York City Is Literally Paying For Migrants To Leave, But Many Refuse To Go
IMG_4621
(Jennie Taer//Daily Caller News Foundation)

November 05, 2023
9:38 AM ET
FONT SIZE:

Migrants who are being turned away from New York City shelters are being given the option to leave at the city’s expense, but dozens told the Daily Caller News Foundation they do not intend to leave.
The city recently established a reticketing center for migrants where they can get free, one-way plane tickets to another location.

“I already started my asylum process. Besides, as a gay, I don’t want to continue suffering. The life of a gay and immigrant is not easy,” Susej, a Venezuelan migrant, told the DCNF.
New York City is trying to expel migrants by offering them plane tickets to leave for other states, or places outside of the country, but many of them don’t want to leave, according to dozens of migrants the Daily Caller News Foundation interviewed.

Migrants entering the reticketing center, which the city recently established to help migrants leave the area, told the DCNF that they don’t want to go elsewhere because they came to New York City for the resources it provides as a sanctuary city. The reticketing center is located in the since-closed St. Brigid School in the Lower East Side of Manhattan, where migrants can get a free, one-way ticket to the location of their choice provided by the city government. (RELATED: EXCLUSIVE: Illegal Venezuelan Migrants Continue To Pour Into US Despite Biden Admin Beginning Deportation Flights)

https://dailycaller.com/2023/11/05/new-york-city-paying-migrants-leave-refuse/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline LMAO

Who knew that declaring yourself a “sanctuary city” for illegal immigrants would actually have a negative repercussions
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy