Author Topic: Ex-law enforcement officials warn Biden's menthol cigarette ban could 'create a vacuum' for Mexican  (Read 418 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Ex-law enforcement officials warn Biden's menthol cigarette ban could 'create a vacuum' for Mexican cartels
The proposed ban is in the 'final step of review for regulatory documents'
By Joe Schoffstall Fox News
Published November 6, 2023 4:00am EST

Shocking video shows cartels hurling explosives near border
Former acting DHS Secretary Chad Wolf reacts to the latest news from the southern border as concerns of terrorism rise

The Biden administration's banning of menthol cigarettes will open up the door to several problems, including providing a massive space for Mexican cartels to move in and sell them on the U.S. black market, former law enforcement officials told Fox News Digital.

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) proposed rules prohibiting menthol cigarettes and flavored cigars in April 2022. At the time, Health and Human Services Secretary Xavier Becerra said the action would protect children and benefit adult smokers.

"The proposed rules would help prevent children from becoming the next generation of smokers and help adult smokers quit," Becerra said. "Additionally, the proposed rules represent an important step to advance health equity by significantly reducing tobacco-related health disparities."

In late October, the FDA's director of the Center for Tobacco Products, Brian King, told Fox News Digital the proposed rules are in the "final step of review for regulatory documents" after making their way to the White House Office of Management and Budget.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ex-law-enforcement-officials-warn-bidens-menthol-cigarette-ban-create-vacuum-mexican-cartels
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
They'll be selling Onesies on the street corners in the ghetto.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline The_Reader_David

Looks like he's really trying to alienate black voters. 
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.