Author Topic: WaPo says Trump is plotting vengeance, worries he’ll weaponize the government against foes  (Read 553 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 *****rollingeyes*****

WaPo says Trump is plotting vengeance, worries he’ll weaponize the government against foes
November 6, 2023 | Chris Donaldson |

The Washington Post is sounding the alarm that Republican party frontrunner Donald J. Trump will sic the Justice Department on his foes, another sign that the establishment is preparing for a Joe Biden loss.

“Donald Trump and his allies have begun mapping out specific plans for using the federal government to punish critics and opponents should he win a second term, with the former president naming individuals he wants to investigate or prosecute and his associates drafting plans to potentially invoke the Insurrection Act on his first day in office to allow him to deploy the military against civil demonstrations,” wrote Isaac Arnsdorf, Josh Dawsey, and Devlin Barrett.

https://twitter.com/DevlinBarrett/status/1721225035208167764

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2023/11/06/wapo-says-trump-is-plotting-vengeance-worries-hell-weaponize-the-government-against-foes-1410220/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Does the WAPO lament the fact that the current regime is weaponizing the FedGov against political foes?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Does the WAPO lament the fact that the current regime is weaponizing the FedGov against political foes?

It is A-Okay when the rats engage in lawfare.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Remember. This includes DeSantis and Reynolds.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline LMAO

Remember. This includes DeSantis and Reynolds.

It will include anybody who doesn’t go along with Trump’s big government schemes

Remember how he went after congressional Republicans for not wanting to make the  Covid checks bigger?

What do you think his supporters will do if, for example, someone like Rand Paul says no to the MAGA breeding money?

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline bilo

It will include anybody who doesn’t go along with Trump’s big government schemes

Remember how he went after congressional Republicans for not wanting to make the  Covid checks bigger?

What do you think his supporters will do if, for example, someone like Rand Paul says no to the MAGA breeding money?

Great question. I think a large number of America First supporters are former Tea Party supporters. They will probably side with fiscal conservatives in that case.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home