Author Topic: 15 Things the Bible Says to Look For in the Last Days  (Read 1941 times)

Online libertybele

15 Things the Bible Says to Look For in the Last Days
« on: November 06, 2023, 01:21:26 am »
I think just about all the signs are evident.

15 Things the Bible Says to Look For in the Last Days

Wars and Rumors of Wars

Increased Earthquakes and Natural Disasters

False Prophets and Deceivers

Apostasy and Falling Away from Faith

Rise of Lawlessness

The Gospel Preached Worldwide

Persecution of Believers

The Rebuilding of the Temple in Jerusalem

The Appearance of the Antichrist

Signs in the Heavens

Increase in Knowledge and Travel

Mockers and Scoffers of Faith

Rise of a Global Economy

Moral Decay

The Return of Israel.............

https://www.guide2free.com/interesting/15-things-the-bible-says-to-look-for-in-the-last-days/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

Re: 15 Things the Bible Says to Look For in the Last Days
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2023, 01:25:13 am »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2023, 01:26:06 am »
Fourteen down, one to go,

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2023, 01:30:24 am »
bookmark

one of my friends gave me a copy of "Left Behind"

Scary stuff.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2023, 01:32:00 am by Gefn »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2023, 01:32:04 am »
Has anyone read The Great Disappearance yet?
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2023, 01:34:22 am »

no but I will. I just finished all 12 books in the "Left Behind" series and couldn't sleep for a couple of days,
@mystery-ak

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2023, 01:37:28 am »
no but I will. I just finished all 12 books in the "Left Behind" series and couldn't sleep for a couple of days,
@mystery-ak

That's exactly why I haven't read it....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2023, 01:43:26 am »
That's exactly why I haven't read it....

I checked Audible. It comes out next month. So I just used a credit to pre order it.

Thank you for the tip.

Online libertybele

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2023, 02:12:19 am »
Fourteen down, one to go,

That's how I see things. We are in end times.

Online libertybele

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2023, 02:29:18 am »

No I haven't read it. The end of times is frightening -- Biblical interpretations are numerous -- one interpretation states that Israel remains standing -- the U.S. does not.  I wish I could be more optimistic but in looking around at what is happening in this country, I believe we will come face to face with Hamas and Hezbollah just as Israel has - only -- who will come to our aid?  Doubtful that anyone will. We are supposed to be the superpower.  Not so much anymore.  8888crybaby **nononono*

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2023, 06:57:39 pm »
Has anyone here seen the movie After Death?  It is a documentary I highly recommend.  Very well done.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2023, 07:40:09 pm »
30 years ago a former pastor and bible professor who was friends with the family said the thing to keep your eye on is the rebuilding of the Temple. When that happens the final piece is in place and things are at full fruition.

That's what I keep my eye on more than anything else.

Right now what I look at in the immediate term is to watch for Ezekiel 39 and 40 getting fulfilled, with Russia and other powers coming down to attack Israel. Many believe that that happens before the Great Trib.

That's why I worry so much about what is going on in Israel right now, my gut says it's going to expand into that, and we might be on the bad end of that stick.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2023, 08:10:51 pm »
30 years ago a former pastor and bible professor who was friends with the family said the thing to keep your eye on is the rebuilding of the Temple. When that happens the final piece is in place and things are at full fruition.

And still others keep their eye on this:

"Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up" (John: 2:19)

Solomon’s temple was 30 cubits high (1 Kings 6:2), but Herod had increased the height to 40 cubits (near 60 feet high) according to the writings of Josephus, a first-century Jewish historian. The book of Exodus teaches that this thick veil was fashioned from blue, purple, and scarlet material and fine twisted linen.

The size and thickness of the veil make the events occurring at the moment of Jesus’ death on the cross so much more momentous. “And when Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, he gave up his spirit. At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom” (Matthew 27:50-51).

The tearing of the veil at the moment of Jesus’ death symbolized that His sacrifice, the shedding of His own blood, was a sufficient atonement for sins. It signified that now the way into the Holy of Holies was open for all people, for all time, both Jew and Gentile.

When Jesus died, the veil was torn, and God moved out of that place never again to dwell in a temple made with human hands (Acts 17:24). God was through with that temple and its religious system, and the temple and Jerusalem were left “desolate” (destroyed by the Romans) in A.D. 70, just as Jesus prophesied in Luke 13:35.

As long as the temple stood, it signified the continuation of the Old Covenant. Hebrews 9:8-9 refers to the age that was passing away as the new covenant was being established (Hebrews 8:13).

Online libertybele

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2023, 08:12:37 pm »

Right now what I look at in the immediate term is to watch for Ezekiel 39 and 40 getting fulfilled, with Russia and other powers coming down to attack Israel. Many believe that that happens before the Great Trib.

That's why I worry so much about what is going on in Israel right now, my gut says it's going to expand into that, and we might be on the bad end of that stick.

Well,we already are at the bad end of that stick -- the worst will be here soon enough.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2023, 08:56:10 pm »
And still others keep their eye on this:

The size and thickness of the veil make the events occurring at the moment of Jesus’ death on the cross so much more momentous. “And when Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, he gave up his spirit. At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom” (Matthew 27:50-51).

The tearing of the veil at the moment of Jesus’ death symbolized that His sacrifice, the shedding of His own blood, was a sufficient atonement for sins. It signified that now the way into the Holy of Holies was open for all people, for all time, both Jew and Gentile.

When Jesus died, the veil was torn, and God moved out of that place never again to dwell in a temple made with human hands (Acts 17:24). God was through with that temple and its religious system, and the temple and Jerusalem were left “desolate” (destroyed by the Romans) in A.D. 70, just as Jesus prophesied in Luke 13:35.

Perhaps the veil was torn to show to all what lay behind it... Or rather, didn't lay behind it... To expose the fraud that had been going on for years... Throughout the second temple period.

And remember, the ones that are the target of the antichrist, according to the revelation, are those who have the testimony of Yeshua Ha'Mashiach and keep the commandments...

That does not sound like the covenant is gone. It sounds like it takes BOTH.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2023, 09:00:31 pm »

For now, I stand with those who believe the Psalm 83 wars have to be resolved BEFORE Zeke 39 - as those countries and forces mentioned in Psalm 83 are not mentioned in Ezekiel... When they are currently the spearpoint.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2023, 09:37:31 pm »
For now, I stand with those who believe the Psalm 83 wars have to be resolved BEFORE Zeke 39 - as those countries and forces mentioned in Psalm 83 are not mentioned in Ezekiel... When they are currently the spearpoint.

In all my years I've never heard anyone discuss that part of the Psalms in terms of prophecy, but in reading it things sound very much like what's going on now. Which clarifies things a bit, I was wondering why there was nowhere where it seems to be covered, because this time what's going on doesn't seem like the usual flare up, but a prelude to the bigger dance.

Thanks.
The Republic is lost.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2023, 10:05:03 pm »
In all my years I've never heard anyone discuss that part of the Psalms in terms of prophecy, but in reading it things sound very much like what's going on now. Which clarifies things a bit, I was wondering why there was nowhere where it seems to be covered, because this time what's going on doesn't seem like the usual flare up, but a prelude to the bigger dance.

Thanks.

ALL of the Book is prophecy... If you really want to blow your mind, understand the line between Judah and Israel/Ephraim and see what can of worms that opens up. About a third of prophecy is about Ephraim/Joseph, and no one pays it any mind at all.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2023, 10:07:04 pm »
Hamas is often the word 'violence' in Hebrew... re-read with that in mind.

Online libertybele

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2023, 10:18:49 pm »
We have acquired several Bibles; we have a 1985 Jerusalem Bible -- a 1973 New International Holy Bible, two Catholic Bibles, a King James version Bible, and an "Authorized King James Bible. -- I have only read the Catholic Bible and have no idea what the others are and one day perhaps I'll compare them all to one another. :shrug:
« Last Edit: November 06, 2023, 10:20:11 pm by libertybele »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2023, 11:38:08 pm »
We have acquired several Bibles; we have a 1985 Jerusalem Bible -- a 1973 New International Holy Bible, two Catholic Bibles, a King James version Bible, and an "Authorized King James Bible. -- I have only read the Catholic Bible and have no idea what the others are and one day perhaps I'll compare them all to one another. :shrug:

I can recommend e-Sword ... An electronic Bible platform that is mostly free, with many Bibles, commentaries, dictionaries and the like... For research, multiple bibles are a must... It is probably considered an evangelical (protestant) software, but I know it carries the Douhay-Reims, which most Catholics are comfortable with... I know because I used it for quite a while.

I am KJV-centric... Mostly because it is so well known, and beat up upon... The mistakes within are well defined, and the surrounding references that tie to it (Strong's, Youngs, etc) are hard to beat.

So I stay pretty much in KJV ASV, and ISV anymore... But if you want to knock your socks off, do prophecy from the Septuagint proper... the variation from standard translation (Catholic or Protestant or Judaism) is profound. Likewise the Peshitta. Those two are where you will find different ways to look at interpretation.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2023, 02:20:21 am »

I don't believe we are at a Psalm 83 event.  There has been more muslim-nation unity against Israel in the past than we see now.  Edom and Moab are not joining the current frenzy.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online mountaineer

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2023, 04:39:30 pm »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online libertybele

« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2023, 04:44:58 pm »
I don't believe we are at a Psalm 83 event.  There has been more muslim-nation unity against Israel in the past than we see now.  Edom and Moab are not joining the current frenzy.

??? I'm not so sure about that -- I believe Muslims are more in unity than ever before. They are also pushing forward with their presence throughout the world.  They want their jihad. The pullout of American troops in the ME region, especially how Joe went about things, empowered them immensely. Our open border is very welcoming. The recent anti-Israel protests are a glimpse of their power.

Online libertybele

« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2023, 04:47:15 pm »
Obviously, Bible scholars disagree on eschatology and what various Bible passages mean. Dr. Jeremiah is Baptist, and these are his interpretations:

https://davidjeremiah.blog/4-signs-of-the-end-times/?tid=fbp_post_11.08.23-blog-4signs&fbclid=IwAR3ojh5BBPQ_-MSxROQgc6k8MLfvwF8XrWMH0V0XWtQTeQQl6_wL1Y-moeE

https://davidjeremiah.blog/eleven-questions-youve-always-wondered-about-the-end-times/

Christianity is under attack in America!! There is no denying that. Joe & Co., are ensuring that as well.