Author Topic: Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds to endorse DeSantis: NBC News  (Read 2671 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds to endorse DeSantis: NBC News
« on: November 05, 2023, 07:16:47 pm »
 Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds to endorse DeSantis: NBC News
by Miranda Nazzaro - 11/05/23 10:35 AM ET

Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds (R) will endorse Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) for president at a rally in Des Moines on Monday, according to a NBC News report.

Citing sources close to the governor, NBC reported the move as DeSantis’ campaign anticipates a win in Iowa, which holds its caucus on Jan. 15, will keep former President Trump from securing the GOP nomination.

The endorsement would mark a significant shift for the Iowa governor, after previously vowing to remain neutral in the 2024 primary so that all candidates would feel welcome to campaign there.

Reynolds had pledged to remain neutral in the 2024 race, but Trump has taken aim at Reynolds for doing so, and also when she appeared with DeSantis and his wife Casey on the campaign trail last summer.

Shortly after the NBC News report was published, Trump’s campaign emailed a statement blasting Reynolds, saying she was backing a candidate that had no chance of winning the White House.

“Kim Reynolds apparently has begun her retirement tour early as she clearly does not have any ambition for higher office,” the campaign wrote. “Earlier this year, she promised her constituents that she would remain neutral in the race, yet she has completely gone back on that promise. Regardless, her endorsement will not make any difference in this race.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4294202-iowa-gov-kim-reynolds-to-endorse-desantis-nbc-news/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Re: Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds to endorse DeSantis: NBC News
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2023, 08:08:57 pm »
Incoming all caps incoherent rants against her from TruthSocial
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2023, 08:32:44 pm »

IIRC Trump has already gone after her.  DeSantis needs to take IA, otherwise IMHO, he needs to drop out.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2023, 09:29:40 pm »
IIRC Trump has already gone after her.  DeSantis needs to take IA, otherwise IMHO, he needs to drop out.

NAH. IA would put him IN for sure... BUT IA is just the beginning. Everything prior to IA is all bullshit. I would say if he don't pick up steam in the Southern primaries, then he's done. If he can't make it through the South, then the Midwest and West don't have enough to help him.

Personally, I hope he stays in almost to the end, one way or the other, just in case Tumpy can't get it done - which is a very real thing.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2023, 10:23:16 pm »
Agree with @roamer_1  that IA isn't super critical to win, just place well and above expectations. SC is far more important. IA and NH if anything weed out the losers.

Not surprised  that the Gov did this. Throw enough poo at someone, especially Iowans, and they'll say screw you. Really stupid unforced error on Trump's part.
The Republic is lost.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2023, 10:38:58 pm »
NAH. IA would put him IN for sure... BUT IA is just the beginning. Everything prior to IA is all bullshit. I would say if he don't pick up steam in the Southern primaries, then he's done. If he can't make it through the South, then the Midwest and West don't have enough to help him.

Personally, I hope he stays in almost to the end, one way or the other, just in case Tumpy can't get it done - which is a very real thing.

I hope he stays in a well as voting for Trump may not even be an option.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2023, 10:59:36 pm »

Hey, all caps means it’s truer.  happy77
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2023, 11:00:46 pm »
Reynolds is a great governor. Makes me jealous of those living in IA. Terrific endorsement for DeSantis.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2023, 11:01:35 pm »

Now you tell me.  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2023, 11:08:29 pm »

Add some bad 'gramer" and you have a Trumpier burn.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2023, 02:50:59 am »

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2023, 02:57:09 am »
Oh No's!!  What to do??  Let me go and jump out my window...   9999hair out0000   /s
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2023, 07:46:26 am »
Watch @IAGovernor @KimReynoldsIA tell America how great @realDonaldTrump is and was for 🌽 #Iowa #Trump2024

https://twitter.com/miguelifornia/status/1721191025773871559

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2023, 07:55:02 am »
Reynolds is a great governor. Makes me jealous of those living in IA.

She sure seems like a real treasure @deb

johnny maga
@_johnnymaga

Kim Reynolds caved to the left amid a crime wave and signed a police reform bill after George Floyd died of fentanyl

She said the death of Floyd “opened the eyes of a nation and sparked a movement”

9:35 PM · Nov 5, 2023

Offline LMAO

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2023, 11:34:50 am »

Lol

He’s emotionally collapsing. Imagine that back in the White House. All these angry outbursts will be used against him by the DNC when the election season really heats up. Remember all those wonderful polls in early to mid 2022 that foretold of a massive red wave but said wave was wiped out by a simple “ MAGA Republican” speech just weeks before the election?

And bragging about ethanol subsidies? Really?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2023, 11:39:54 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2023, 12:23:00 pm »
Lol

He’s emotionally collapsing. Imagine that back in the White House. All these angry outbursts will be used against him by the DNC when the election season really heats up. Remember all those wonderful polls in early to mid 2022 that foretold of a massive red wave but said wave was wiped out by a simple “ MAGA Republican” speech just weeks before the election?

And bragging about ethanol subsidies? Really?

I hate the ethanol subsidies!

Offline LMAO

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2023, 12:29:39 pm »

And Trump’s support of them reflects his governing philosophy

We are just not going to get any reductions in spending or a reigning in of the size and power of the Federal monster in a Trump second term. Even his most unquestioning supporters don’t even try to argue that point.

They just want to wield its power

Barry Goldwater

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2023, 01:50:47 pm »

Ethanol subsidies are nothing more than payoffs to big corporate political donors AKA one of the multitude of ways politicians have devised to siphon money from the public treasury into their campaign coffers.

In strict scientific terms producing ethanol from corn is a big-time losing proposition. When all inputs are considered, it takes 1.4 units of energy to produce one unit of energy from corn-based ethanol. (It's insane!) @deb
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LMAO

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2023, 01:52:05 pm »
Ethanol subsidies are nothing more than payoffs to big corporate political donors AKA one of the multitude of ways politicians have devised to siphon money from the public treasury into their campaign coffers.

In strict scientific terms producing ethanol from corn is a big-time losing proposition. When all inputs are considered, it takes 1.4 units of energy to produce one unit of energy from corn-based ethanol. (It's insane!) @deb

pointing-up This

Barry Goldwater

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2023, 03:00:42 pm »

Agreed. I avoid purchasing it if I can. There are many gas stations who offer only ethanol products.  :shrug:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2023, 04:02:02 pm »
Too little too late.   The GOP has allowed Tumpy and his Stone/Pecker slime machine to control the narrative.

We're screwed until they tar/feather/rail these turds into political oblivion.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2023, 04:39:18 pm »
She sure seems like a real treasure @deb

You can huff and puff PomPoms but you'll never blow the Reynolds house down sitting from the cheap seats.

Remember Trump didn't win Iowa the last time either. Must suck having no control over what happens here.
The Republic is lost.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2023, 06:00:10 pm »
And Trump’s support of them reflects his governing philosophy

We are just not going to get any reductions in spending or a reigning in of the size and power of the Federal monster in a Trump second term. Even his most unquestioning supporters don’t even try to argue that point.

They just want to wield its power

... Anymore.

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2023, 07:14:50 pm »
You can huff and puff PomPoms but you'll never blow the Reynolds house down sitting from the cheap seats.

It's not coming from me @Free Vulcan  :shrug:

Morning Consult
@MorningConsult

Gov. Kim Reynolds (R-Iowa) is America’s most unpopular governor, with a 47% disapproval rating, up from 39% in the first quarter of 2023.

5:01 PM · Nov 4, 2023