Author Topic: NYC City Council funneled $9 MILLION in taxpayer dollars to anti-Israel groups that sponsored massiv  (Read 562 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
NYC City Council funneled $9 MILLION in taxpayer dollars to anti-Israel groups that sponsored massive protests
"Any group that’s taking taxpayer money shouldn’t be advancing anti-Jewish hate speech."

Sara Higdon
Nov 4, 2023

Since 2010, New York City has paid over $9 million of taxpayer money to pro-Hamas organizations that have organized massive protests in which some demonstrators have called for the eradication of Israel since the Oct. 7 terrorist attack on the country.

According to the New York Post, $4.46 million was given to the organizations through various city contracts or political pork spending to help seated politicians get local support, while almost $2 million was awarded with the city's "discretionary funds" since 2021.

The Arab American Association of New York, which hosted the "Flood Brooklyn for Palestine" rally in Bay Ridge on October 21, saw the bulk of the money from the city. It received $6.8 million from pork and various contracts.

Co-sponsor of the Bay Ridge protest, the Muslim American Society of New York received over $260,000 from the city. The Desis Rising Up and Moving (DRUM) organization, co-sponsored a massive protest in Bryant Park that saw over 150 people arrested and was awarded over $390,000.

https://thepostmillennial.com/nyc-city-council-funneled-9-million-in-taxpayer-dollars-to-anti-israel-groups-that-sponsored-massive-protests
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I guess NYC doesn't think the Muslim attacks on 9/11 were a warning about Muslim terrorism; a BIG warning.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson