Author Topic: The Crime Wave In America Is Crippling Our Nation  (Read 265 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Crime Wave In America Is Crippling Our Nation
« on: November 05, 2023, 05:54:30 pm »
The Crime Wave In America Is Crippling Our Nation

Ken Blackwell
Nov 04, 2023

Since the COVID-19 pandemic, crime has precipitously skyrocketed in cities across the country, as demonstrated by a recent report published by Our America. One crime in particular, retail theft, has destroyed businesses across the country, hurting consumers and businesses alike. 

While shoplifting is nothing new, there is more than meets the eye with this recent trend. Progressive prosecutors who refuse to prosecute retail theft are enabling Mexican drug cartels, international money launderers, and other highly sophisticated criminal enterprises. 

Leftwing reformers hold out the late surge in shoplifting as a non-problem and have refused to prosecute – or even denounce – smash-and-grabs and other brazen thefts. This policy choice, championed by prosecutors aligned with George Soros, fails to appreciate the serious role organized retail theft plays in transnational crime. 

https://townhall.com/columnists/kenblackwell/2023/11/04/the-crime-wave-in-america-is-crippling-our-nation-n2630766
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson