Author Topic: 6 accused of smuggling migrants through storm drains ‘in deplorable conditions’  (Read 390 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
6 accused of smuggling migrants through storm drains ‘in deplorable conditions’
by: Julian Resendiz

Posted: Oct 30, 2023 / 01:15 PM CDT

Updated: Oct 31, 2023 / 01:36 PM CDT

4 men, 2 women arrested in Juarez after joint investigation by Mexican army, Homeland Security Investigations

EL PASO, Texas (Border Report) – Four men and two women who allegedly smuggled migrants from Juarez, Mexico, through storm drains into El Paso, Texas, have been charged in Mexico for human trafficking and money laundering.

The arrests came after the Mexican army, acting on information stemming from a cooperation agreement with U.S. Homeland Security Investigations (HSI), raided 10 homes in Juarez, the Mexican Attorney General’s Office reported on Sunday. The raid resulted in the arrest of the smuggling organization’s leaders and the seizure of guns, cash and 12 vehicles allegedly purchased with illicit profits, Mexican officials said.

The Mexican AG’s Office identified the suspects only by their first names. They are Jorge M., Jose Luis G., Sergio G., Jesus Q., Beatriz F. and Viviana C. They are all members of a transnational criminal organization and have been flown to the maximum-security prison in Almoloya de Juarez, near Mexico City, the agency said in a statement.

https://www.borderreport.com/immigration/border-crime/six-accused-of-smuggling-migrants-through-storm-drains-in-deplorable-conditions/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Andy Dufresne had it worse.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.