Author Topic: ICE arrests underscore immigration vetting concerns  (Read 306 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
ICE arrests underscore immigration vetting concerns
« on: November 05, 2023, 12:17:57 pm »
ICE arrests underscore immigration vetting concerns

Agents arrested illegal immigrants wanted in other countries in October
Over 76K migrants entered the U.S. from special interest countries FY 2023
Every migrant 14 and older undergoes screening by CPB agents at checkpoints
Ali Bradley

Updated: NOV 3, 2023 / 07:51 AM CDT

(NewsNation) — U.S. Customs and Border Protection released new data revealing Immigration and Custom Efforts (ICE) detentions highlight growing concerns about the nation’s vetting process.

On Thursday, federal agents arrested a Venezuelan man who omitted his homicide conviction and was released with a notice to appear, which he failed to do. A man wanted in Senegal for terrorism, roamed New York City freely for weeks before ICE detained him in October.

Special interest countries saw more than 76,000 migrants enter the U.S. in the fiscal year 2023, which ended Sept. 30. In October, the 2024 fiscal year started as the third-highest month on record, with more than 241,000 migrants encountered at the southern border, as per CBP sources.

https://www.newsnationnow.com/us-news/immigration/ice-arrests-underscore-vetting-concerns/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson