Author Topic: Sociology Professors Defend Hamas Butchery The discipline finally hits rock bottom.  (Read 333 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Sociology Professors Defend Hamas Butchery
The discipline finally hits rock bottom.
November 2, 2023 by David Ayers 16 Comments

Newsletter

I have been wondering for a long time just when and how my academic discipline of sociology was going to hit bottom, to cross over from being merely deeply troubled and cognitively impaired to enter fully into a state of true madness. Maybe I will be able to date that decisive moment to Oct. 22 or 23, 2023, when a group of sociologists released an open letter entitled “Sociologists in Solidarity with Gaza and the Palestinian People.” This document is in equal parts vicious anti-Semitic conspiracy theory and moronically lopsided “analysis” of facts and events.

LinkedIn saw numerous sociologists sharing the letter, encouraging peers to sign, or “liking” it. The organizers have stopped taking signatures, but not before 1,921 signed it. And not just no-name faculty and grad students. Full professors from universities like Arizona State, California-Berkeley, Oxford, Cambridge, Brown, and Michigan. Texas A&M’s Joe Feagin, the 91st president of the American Sociological Association, was the 25th person to sign this open letter (and the ASA’s response? Dead silence). We could say this dung emanated from the bowels of some of our top sociology programs.

https://www.frontpagemag.com/sociology-professors-defend-hamas-butchery/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson