Author Topic: Why Is Biden Quietly Granting ‘Humanitarian Protection’ to Thousands of Mexicans?  (Read 362 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Why Is Biden Quietly Granting ‘Humanitarian Protection’ to Thousands of Mexicans?
Perhaps an unauthorized work-around to limits on asylum or work visas

By Todd Bensman on November 3, 2023

AUSTIN, Texas — Of all the revelations from a recent Center for Immigration Studies Freedom of Information Act lawsuit none was more surprising than that the U.S. government allowed the entry of more than 57,000 Mexican nationals through the secretive CBP One smartphone app scheme that permits aliens to, in effect, schedule their illegal immigration through a land port of entry.

The administration presented the phone app “legal” crossing program as a way to better manage the in-flows of presumably persecuted people in dire need of a temporary humanitarian entry from dangerous home countries like Venezuela, Cuba, Nicaragua, and Haiti, and that they would all probably apply for asylum in America soon. The administration authorizes recipients for two-year renewable work permits.

“Only noncitizens who can be considered for a humanitarian exception may use CBP One,” the administration announced in a January 2023 White House order. “Under this order, CBP is authorized to accept individuals on a case-by-case basis, based on the totality of circumstances, including considerations of humanitarian interests.”

But the United States has never before considered Mexico so dangerous that it would grant such broad swaths of its citizenry humanitarian protection (with work permits). Because Mexico’s government is not considered a political persecutor or interested in torturing its citizens, very few Mexicans bother even to apply for asylum or protection under the Convention Against Torture; immigration judges reject the claims of those who do apply about 96 percent of the time.

https://cis.org/Bensman/Why-Biden-Quietly-Granting-Humanitarian-Protection-Thousands-Mexicans
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Because they will vote  for the Dim candidates so they get more "free stuff".
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!