Author Topic: Progressive Public School Districts Stand By Black Lives Matter Despite Anti-Israel Stance  (Read 412 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

National Review
Progressive Public School Districts Stand By Black Lives Matter Despite Anti-Israel Stance

Public school districts that aligned themselves with the Black Lives Matter movement during the social-justice uprising of 2020 continue to support the cause even as its leaders respond to the brutal Hamas terror attack on Israeli civilians by blaming the Jewish state.

One Vermont school district refused to remove BLM flags from classrooms last month after parents pointed out that the banners could well be interpreted as antisemitic given the statements put out by various BLM organizations in the wake of the October 7 Hamas terror attack that claimed the lives of 1,400 Israelis.

Families asked the Essex Westford School District school board to remove the flags after BLM at School’s October 17 statement that called the “unfolding loss of Palestinian and Israeli lives” a “direct result of decades of Israeli settler colonialism, land dispossession, occupation, blockade, apartheid, and attempted genocide of millions of Palestinians.”

“We demand as taxpayers of the Essex Westford School District that the Black Lives Matter (BLM) flags be removed from flagpoles of all District schools,” read the letter, obtained by Parents Defending Education. “BLM has shown itself to be anti-American and anti-Semitic. All ‘white-privilege’ lives, as well as the lives of any BIPOC persons who oppose BLM, are of no value to BLM. There has never been any justification for flying the BLM flag.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/progressive-public-school-districts-stand-by-black-lives-matter-despite-anti-israel-stance/ar-AA1jlLYY?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=c62240f103cc41e481c19924bd14e553&ei=34
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Why were blm flags EVER placed into schoolrooms to begin with...?