Author Topic: Complaint Calls for Trump New York Trial Judge’s Clerk to Be Disbarred for Excessive Political Donat  (Read 413 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Complaint Calls for Trump New York Trial Judge’s Clerk to Be Disbarred for Excessive Political Donations

Matthew Boyle 2 Nov 2023 Washington, DC

The top clerk for New York Justice Arthur Engoron, Allison Greenfield, appears to have violated judicial rules preventing officers of the court from making excessive political donations, Breitbart News has learned.

What’s more, it appears Engoron was advised of Greenfield’s violations in a 72-page complaint addressed to his court via email  that was also filed with the New York State Bar Association the same day he decided to issue a gag order against former President Donald Trump in his case currently playing out in Engoron’s Manhattan courtroom. Engoron has subsequently fined Trump a total of $15,000 for two alleged violations of that gag order preventing the former president from criticizing his principal law clerk.

But the evidence against Greenfield is astounding as laid out in the complaint that a third party filed against her. Such complaints are usually confidential, but the person who filed it—a Wisconsin man named Brock Fredin who runs a Twitter account called @JudicialProtest exposing such conflicts—published the entire complaint online.

“My name is Brock Fredin and I operate the Twitter account @JudicialProtest,” Fredin wrote in the Oct. 3, 2023, complaint sent to Engoron. “I write with respect to the blatantly unethical and partisan conduct of Your Honor’s Principal Law Clerk Allison Greenfield, the Court’s ‘Gag Order’ issued today concerning President Trump’s retweeting of my tweet about Ms. Greenfield and Senator Chuck Schumer taken at a Chelsea Reform Democrat Club brunch and the overly apparent appearance of impropriety in the above-referenced matter with respect to Ms. Greenfield’s repeated partisan political and Democrat activities while employed as a law clerk. Given that President Trump’s post at-issue today was a re-tweet of my original tweet on the @JudicialProtest account, the Court’s order directing President Trump to remove it is a direct attack on my First Amendment rights (as well as President Trump’s), particularly since the Court asserted on the record that my tweet was a ‘personal attack’ on Ms. Greenfield rather than a post exposing and criticizing the misconduct of a public official. I am consequently an interested party and submit this letter as such. To be clear, though, this letter and its contents are not a ‘personal attack’ on Ms. Greenfield. Rather, this letter contains receipts and raises serious ethical violations as to her political speech and activities involving the Democrat Party while employed as your law clerk that undoubtedly create an appearance of impropriety in People v. Trump et al.”

The 72-page complaint, is available on a website it appears Fredin created to make it public. Therefore, since the complainant released it, its contents are now publicly-available information. Throughout the complaint, it details significant political activity that Greenfield—the top clerk for Justice Engoron—has engaged in, including close relationships with top New York Democrats, including U.S. Senate Majority Leader Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY) and now former Rep. Carolyn Maloney (D-NY). It also details several efforts she engaged in as a Democrat Party organizer, canvassing for party officials and working to elect Democrats to office.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/11/02/complaint-calls-for-trump-new-york-trial-judges-clerk-to-be-disbarred-for-excessive-political-donations/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I'm going to guess that the clerk is going to defend this by saying that the contributions to "political campaigns" -- candidates for office -- were below the threshhold.  The other contributions were to various Democrat-aligned groups.  Don't know whether they are covered by this rule or not.

Offline libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.