Author Topic: CNN: There Probably Are Black People in Jail Who Didn’t Get Grace Hunter Wanted, Joe Wrote a Bill wi  (Read 293 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
CNN: There Probably Are Black People in Jail Who Didn’t Get Grace Hunter Wanted, Joe Wrote a Bill with Crack Disparity

Ian Hanchett 2 Nov 2023

On Thursday’s broadcast of “CNN NewsNight,” host Abby Phillip, Republican strategist Shermichael Singleton, CNN Political Commentator Ashley Allison — who was Deputy Director and Senior Policy Adviser for the Obama White House’s Office of Public Engagement — responded to Hunter Biden’s op-ed about his addiction with Phillip and Singleton noting that the crime bill that then-Sen. Joe Biden wrote a disparity involving crack and Phillip noting that “There are probably some black men in prison right now who did not get that same kind of grace, for sure, that Hunter Biden was asking for.”

Singleton said that he has empathy for Hunter’s addiction struggles, “the same compassion and empathy that he’s calling for, Abby, I would have wished and hoped that his father, the chief architect of the ‘9[4] crime bill, would have had that same compassion and empathy for the 1.5 million black men that were imprisoned because of that legislation. I would have wanted the same empathy and compassion and the lack of politicization that black mothers and families and community leaders asked for when those same black men were going before judges who said, you’re absolutely going to prison, I’m not going to have compassion for your addiction. And so, while I understand the point and the politics of it, this, to me, goes a whole lot deeper and falls a bit on deaf ears.”

Phillip then said, “The ‘9[4] crime bill that Shermichael was talking about, he’s not wrong. The crack cocaine disparity was born out of that crime bill, and now compassion for Hunter Biden?”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/11/02/cnn-there-probably-are-black-people-in-jail-who-didnt-get-grace-hunter-wanted-joe-wrote-a-bill-with-crack-disparity/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34