Author Topic: Photo. Very young J6 prisoner says goodbye for the next 19 months.  (Read 416 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Alexander Sheppard 🇺🇸
@NotAlexSheppard

Today I turn myself in to federal prison for the 19 month sentence I received for peacefully protesting inside the People’s House on January 6th, 2021.

I was 21 years old at the time, and I have been fighting these charges for the last 3 years.

It is my great honor to be held hostage as a political prisoner in these United States of America.

Goodbye, for now…

https://twitter.com/NotAlexSheppard/status/1720140432905056707

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: Photo. Very young J6 prisoner says goodbye for the next 19 months.
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2023, 02:26:45 pm »
Twitter comment:

"According to evidence introduced at trial, Sheppard was among the first rioters to enter the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, and joined others in overrunning multiple police lines established to stop the mob’s spread. Inside the Crypt, he and fellow rioters were captured on video as they pushed through a police line designed to prevent the mob from moving towards the House Chamber where members of Congress were present. He then recorded a video of himself proudly proclaiming: “I’m here with some damn heroes, and we just shut down Congress! They called an emergency session, they said we’re too scared, they’ve shut down Congress. Let’s bleep go!”

Additional video showed Sheppard running to the Speaker’s Lobby doors and screaming at the U.S. Capitol Police officers who stood guard there while House members and staff prepared to evacuate behind them. Sheppard captured video of fleeing members of congress and looked on as other rioters violently punched out the windows of the doors— just inches away from the officers’ heads. Sheppard left only after witnessing another rioter get shot by law enforcement after attempting to climb through the broken windows of the same doors.

In the days following the breach, Sheppard posted threatening statements on social media directed towards the Vice President. On Jan. 9, 2021, Sheppard posted on Parler, “[w]e shouldn’t hang Mike Pence. Firing squad!”

True?  :shrug:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: Photo. Very young J6 prisoner says goodbye for the next 19 months.
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2023, 09:59:02 pm »
True?  :shrug:

I'd like to know the answer to that before getting outraged as well.