Author Topic: Gavin Newsom scapegoats fossil fuels to cover his own failures  (Read 476 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Gavin Newsom scapegoats fossil fuels to cover his own failures
« on: November 03, 2023, 11:51:30 am »
Gavin Newsom scapegoats fossil fuels to cover his own failures
November 2nd, 2023|59 Comments

California recently joined other states in suing oil companies for purportedly misleading the public about alleged risks from fossil-fuel-driven climate change, extreme weather, and other dangers.

“Big Oil has been lying to us,” Governor Gavin Newsom asserted, “covering up” facts about “wildfires wiping out entire communities, toxic smoke clogging our air [and] deadly heat waves.”

This stuff belongs on Saturday Night Live. The references to “wildfires” have been debunked as, globally, wildfires have been declining. U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) reports America is currently undergoing its longest period in recorded history, with less than 40 percent of the country experiencing “very dry” conditions.  Analysts have likewise eviscerated the false hype about hurricanes and the endless, ridiculous attempts to link every calamity to “manmade climate change.”

No, what Newsom is doing has little to do with addressing an abbreviation labeled “CO2.” It’s more like “CYA”.  Sadly, it’s become the first and last resort for slick politicians who want to avoid accountability for their incompetence and abysmal failures to protect their constituents from natural disasters. Governor Newsom is a consummate practitioner of misdirection and deception.

https://www.cfact.org/2023/11/02/gavin-newsom-scapegoats-fossil-fuels-to-cover-his-own-failures/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Gavin Newsom scapegoats fossil fuels to cover his own failures
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2023, 09:56:36 pm »
It's getting to be standard operating procedure for leftists.

Make an incredible mess of things using deeply flawed policy, backed by deeply flawed reasoning.

Blame "Climate Change".  Claim scientific high ground.

Then blame the people you blame for causing "Climate Change".

Absolve self of all guilt in making the mess in the first place.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis