Author Topic: Chairman Newsom: California Could Learn A Lot From China  (Read 553 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Chairman Newsom: California Could Learn A Lot From China
« on: November 03, 2023, 11:36:04 am »
WRITTEN BY DAVID STROM ON NOV 2, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

Chairman Newsom: California Could Learn A Lot From China
Gavin Newsom said the quiet part out loud, although I think he got the tense wrong.

California has already learned a lot from China, even if there are more lessons to come.

This piece in Calmatters, a “nonprofit, nonpartisan” news organization reads like it was co-written by CCP propagandists and Newsom. [emphasis, links added]

It overflows with praise and half-truths, and I expected it to refer to Newsom as the “Dear Leader” or “Chairman Newsom.”

As he toured a wind turbine factory in China’s Jiangsu province last week, Gov. Gavin Newsom said the owner showed him a video of the famous wind farm in Livermore’s Altamont Pass.

It was what had inspired the man to get into the turbine business, according to the governor — illustrating California’s global leadership on renewable energy and how decades of partnership with China to tackle climate change have paid off with concrete progress.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/chairman-newsom-california-could-learn-a-lot-from-china/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Chairman Newsom: California Could Learn A Lot From China
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2023, 11:37:09 am »
Don't I remember Nixon getting raked over the coals by the media for saying somewhat the same thing?   :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Chairman Newsom: California Could Learn A Lot From China
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2023, 09:59:12 pm »
The CCP wants to keep its influence strong after ol' white joe is gone.
As the next prez, greasy gavin will take up the slack...!