Author Topic: Johnson says he believes DHS secretary ‘committed impeachable offenses’  (Read 228 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Johnson says he believes DHS secretary ‘committed impeachable offenses’

Speaker Mike Johnson (R-La.) said Wednesday he believes Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas has “committed impeachable offenses,” but stopped short of backing an impeachment effort.

“I mean, it’s inexcusable what he’s done. I believe he’s committed impeachable offenses, but we only have so much time and resources to go after that,” Johnson told Fox News’s Sean Hannity in an interview.

Johnson said he previously told Mayorkas he’s “not sure” what he has done for the southern border, other than cause “great harm.”

The Speaker also said House Republicans would “marry” appropriations bills for Ukraine funding with border security.

“Well, with our appropriations bills for Ukraine funding, for example, we’re gonna marry that with border security,” Johnson said. “The two things are gonna be handled together, because we believe it’s a top priority.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/johnson-says-he-believes-dhs-secretary-committed-impeachable-offenses/ar-AA1jhexw?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=4a957f39c34445fcbf44bc8dd2b8924f&ei=24
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson