Author Topic: IRS raises 401(k), IRA contribution limits for 2024  (Read 680 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
IRS raises 401(k), IRA contribution limits for 2024
« on: November 02, 2023, 04:48:37 pm »
Updated on November 2, 2023 9:40am EDT
IRS raises 401(k), IRA contribution limits for 2024
IRS lifts retirement contribution limits for 2024 amid still-high inflation

By Megan Henney FOXBusiness

The IRS on Wednesday raised the amount that Americans can set aside for retirement in their 401(k) and other tax-deferred plans next year.

Beginning in 2024, workers will be allowed to contribute up to $23,000 to their 401(k), an increase of $500 from this year. The increase applies to other retirement savings accounts, including the 403(b) plan, most 457 plans and the federal government's Thrift Savings Plan.

Catch-up contributions for savers age 50 and older will remain unchanged at $7,500.

The agency also boosted the contribution maximums for IRAs and lifted the limit to $7,000 for 2024, up from $6,500 in 2022. The catch-up contribution amount for IRAs will stay at $1,000.

The IRS makes such cost-of-living adjustments annually, but in times of high inflation, the increases are more significant and impactful for taxpayers.

Just a fraction of people – about 8.5% – who contribute to a retirement account hit the maximum in 2018, according to a recent Congressional Research Service report.

more
https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/irs-raises-401k-ira-contribution-limits-2024
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: IRS raises 401(k), IRA contribution limits for 2024
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2023, 07:55:39 pm »
Only because they want people to add as much as possible before they confiscate it all....for the good of the many(illegals that is).

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2023, 08:08:04 pm »
Thank goodness! We have so much extra money just lying around these days, especially after paying for groceries, property taxes, gasoline and utilities!!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2023, 09:02:55 pm »
It's easier to confiscate wealth when it's all sitting in one place.

It worked for Manuel Noriega when he siezed the drug smugglers' money in Panama's banks.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2023, 09:46:54 pm »
Thank goodness! We have so much extra money just lying around these days, especially after paying for groceries, property taxes, gasoline and utilities!!
I just received notice from Social Security that they had incorrectly calculated my payments and were sending me a check and increasing my monthly by $120...What I want to know is how the hell my landlord knew before I did because he increased my rent starting the same time by the same exact amount! 9999hair out0000 8888crybaby

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2023, 09:54:14 pm »
I just received notice from Social Security that they had incorrectly calculated my payments and were sending me a check and increasing my monthly by $120...What I want to know is how the hell my landlord knew before I did because he increased my rent starting the same time by the same exact amount! 9999hair out0000 8888crybaby
We are being watched ...
 :pondering:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2023, 10:44:14 pm »
Its different if you work for the Government or one of the legions of NGOs that suck up grnt money...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2023, 03:33:34 pm »
To the rest of you who are good at this....   Age 72 will get here sooner than you think.....   (RMD) 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.