Author Topic: Recon Marines will use electric dirt bikes on next deployment  (Read 234 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Recon Marines will use electric dirt bikes on next deployment
« on: November 02, 2023, 02:04:53 pm »
Recon Marines will use electric dirt bikes on next deployment
Electric dirt bikes allow Recon Marines to cross terrain that is impassable for other military vehicles.

BY JEFF SCHOGOL | PUBLISHED NOV 1, 2023 12:29 PM EDT

A company of Recon Marines will have a new addition to their military kit when it deploys next year: Zero MMX electric dirt bikes.

All the Marines in Bravo Company, 1st Reconnaissance Battalion have been testing the electric motorcycles, said Capt. Jonathan Bender, Bravo Company commander.

“As we look ahead to potential conflicts in the Pacific, large vehicles, like JLTVs [Joint Light Tactical Vehicles] and 7-tons [trucks], are not going to be able to maneuver as intended in dense jungle environments,” Bender told Task & Purpose. “The dirt bikes provide access to areas that might otherwise be untenable for those platforms.”

The electric motorcycles are also quieter and have a smaller heat signature than other vehicles, making them harder for a peer threat to detect, Bender said.

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/recon-marines-electric-dirt-bikes/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Recon Marines will use electric dirt bikes on next deployment
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2023, 02:06:58 pm »
Are the front and rear fenders doubling as solar panels?  How well does it work in weather like we have in Michigan this time of year, overcast and rainy?
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson