Author Topic: "Brutally Attacked in Broad Daylight" - Is Washington, D.C No Longer Safe for Our Lawmakers?  (Read 754 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

"Brutally Attacked in Broad Daylight" - Is Washington, D.C No Longer Safe for Our Lawmakers?
Story by The Net Worth Of  •
20h

Washington officials reported 215 murders so far this year. Quite an increase from the 157 homicides in 2022, as shown by police data.

Safety Fears Prompt Overnight Stays
Rep. Eric Burlison (R-Mo.) disclosed that he and other unnamed lawmakers are taking refuge within the Capitol because they perceive D.C. as “very dangerous” at night.

Lawmakers, including Burlison, are opting to sleep in their Capitol offices, citing their reluctance to navigate the unsafe streets during nighttime or early morning hours.

Burlison voiced his concern about commuting from D.C. apartments, stating, “It’s not a safe environment,” thus motivating him and his colleagues to stay within the Capitol’s secure confines.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/brutally-attacked-in-broad-daylight-is-washington-d-c-no-longer-safe-for-our-lawmakers/ar-AA1jd9MT?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=a43d8c1eafbd43018399a7f601941a7e&ei=35
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Burlison voiced his concern about commuting from D.C. apartments, stating, “It’s not a safe environment,” thus motivating him and his colleagues to stay within the Capitol’s secure confines.

Pretty soon they'll have to put up a permanent wall around the perimeter.
Call it the "new Kremlin"...

Offline libertybele

Kind of ironic -- DC is no longer safe because of the liberal DEM policies.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online berdie

Kind of ironic -- DC is no longer safe because of the liberal DEM policies.

Makes ya scratch your head, doesn't it.

Online mountaineer

If it's not safe for the hoi polloi, should it be safe only for the elites?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org