Author Topic: At least 26 killed in machete attack in eastern DRC  (Read 296 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
At least 26 killed in machete attack in eastern DRC
« on: November 01, 2023, 05:27:51 pm »
At least 26 killed in machete attack in eastern DRC
Aid trucks set alight by angry civilians in wake of the overnight attack
24 OCTOBER 2023 - 17:58
by ERIKAS MWISI KAMBALE

Beni — Suspected Islamist militants killed 26 people with machetes in an overnight attack in the town of Oicha in eastern Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), its mayor and the army said on Tuesday.

They attributed the killings to the Allied Democratic Forces (ADF), a group originally from Uganda, now based in eastern DRC, which has pledged allegiance to the Islamic State militant group and mounts frequent attacks.

Local army spokesperson Antony Mwalushayi said the attack against civilians in Oicha was believed to be retaliation for recent army strikes against the ADF.

The attackers carried out the killings with knives instead of guns, so as not to alert nearby troops, he told reporters.

https://www.businesslive.co.za/bd/world/africa/2023-10-24-at-least-26-killed-in-machete-attack-in-eastern-drc/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson