Author Topic: UN taps Islamic Republic of Iran to chair Human Rights Council Social Forum, sparks outrage  (Read 347 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
UN taps Islamic Republic of Iran to chair Human Rights Council Social Forum, sparks outrage

by: Jarryd Jaeger 10/31/2023
UN taps Islamic Republic of Iran to chair Human Rights Council Social Forum, sparks outrage

The Islamic Republic of Iran is set to chair the United Nations' Council Social Human Rights Forum on Thursday and Friday, in accordance with the organization's regional rotation procedure.

Given the nation's record in regard to human rights, namely the rights of women, the move has garnered criticism from politicians and citizens all over the world.

Islamic regime ambassador Ali Bahreini was appointed in May to lead the forum, which will take place on November 2 and 3 and focus on "the contribution of science, technology and innovation to the promotion of human rights."

https://humanevents.com/2023/10/31/un-taps-islamic-republic-of-iran-to-chair-human-rights-council-social-forum-sparks-outrage
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Does this mean chicks in Iran can wear poodle skirts and bobbie sox now?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Hey why not?  Iran has a great record on human rights.  In fact, they rank near 100% in human rights.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.