Author Topic: China keeps up military pressure on Taiwan, sending 43 planes and 7 ships near self-governing island  (Read 541 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
China keeps up military pressure on Taiwan, sending 43 planes and 7 ships near self-governing island

BY CHRISTOPHER BODEEN
Updated 8:23 AM EDT, November 1, 2023

TAIPEI, Taiwan (AP) — Taiwan said Wednesday that China sent 43 military aircraft and seven ships near the self-ruled island, the latest sign that Beijing plans no let-up in its campaign of harassment, threats and intimidation.

Taiwan’s Defense Ministry said the figure was current for the 24 hours up to 6:00 a.m. Wednesday and that 37 of the aircraft had crossed the median line in the Taiwan Strait, which China no longer recognizes as an informal divider between the sides.

It said Taiwan had monitored the situation, scrambled jet fighters, dispatched ships and activated land-based missile systems, all standard responses to Chinese military activities, which include crossing into Taiwan’s air defense identification zone but not into its actual airspace.

Such Chinese maneuvers have become frequent and aggressive since then- U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi visited Taiwan in August 2022. China suspended military communication with the U.S. to show its displeasure over her trip to Taiwan, which Beijing considers part of its territory to be brought under under its control by force if necessary.

https://apnews.com/article/china-taiwan-aircraft-ships-harassment-5dd5c16577e33b7cf464a7de00e54092
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
They aren't really aiming to pressure Taiwan.  They're working to pressure a pathetic old man, our POTUS, into folding and giving them Taiwan without a struggle.  He will have Ukraine, Israel, and China on his plate with Korea sure to follow.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Could the Axis of Evil (Russia, China, Iran, North Korea) open a 3rd Front, Taiwan, in addition to Ukraine and Middle East?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Mod2

Moved to world news

Offline libertybele

They aren't really aiming to pressure Taiwan.  They're working to pressure a pathetic old man, our POTUS, into folding and giving them Taiwan without a struggle.  He will have Ukraine, Israel, and China on his plate with Korea sure to follow.

WWIII here we come!   9999hair out0000  This could all be avoided if we didn't have an evil demented 'puppet' of a president.

I certainly didn't think that this I would see a world war in my lifetime, but it's going to take Divine intervention to be avoided.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2023, 06:16:04 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.