Author Topic: Biden Administration on Human Trafficking: Eyes Wide Shut  (Read 248 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden Administration on Human Trafficking: Eyes Wide Shut
« on: November 01, 2023, 04:19:44 pm »
Biden Administration on Human Trafficking: Eyes Wide Shut
October 31, 2023

Last year, Cardell Morant, director of the federal government’s Center for Countering Human Trafficking marked “World Day Against Trafficking in Persons” by touting his agency’s “significant” efforts, “including investigations and enforcement; intelligence; victim protection, assistance, identification, and screening; and training, outreach and engagement.”

Last week, hoping to tap some of that expertise, Sen. John Kennedy, R-La., asked Morant a larger question at a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing: “Since President Biden’s been president, how many non-American citizens have come into our country illegally or on the basis of a claim of asylum?”

Passionless now and apparently clueless, the somewhat less engaged Mr. Morant testified under oath that he didn’t know and wouldn’t hazard an estimate.

Even if the broad universe of illegal aliens is beyond the scope of Morant’s job duties, a high-level official at the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) might reasonably be expected to have some grasp of data in the public domain. Earlier this month, the House Homeland Security Committee published a detailed report examining how traffickers exploit migrants, including children, for free sex and cheap labor.

https://www.fairus.org/blog/2023/10/31/biden-administration-human-trafficking-eyes-wide-shut
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Biden Administration on Human Trafficking: Eyes Wide Shut
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2023, 09:38:47 pm »
No shut eyes.
They know exactly what's going on -- and will do nothing to stop it.
Heck, it's what they WANT.