Author Topic: A look at the Trump trial in Colorado  (Read 233 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
A look at the Trump trial in Colorado
« on: November 01, 2023, 02:51:00 pm »
November 1, 2023
A look at the Trump trial in Colorado
By C.S. Boddie

A trial for a lawsuit brought by the Colorado Central Republican Committee against Donald Trump in Colorado started Monday, October 30, 2023.  It is continuing through the week.

How fitting that this case goes to trial during Halloween week — as a Colorado Republican who knows some backstory it strikes me as a spooky attempt by Trump-haters to make an end run around the U.S. Constitution to get Trump.  It is also lawfare.

My purpose here is to give some context, not to give details of the actual trial.  From what I’ve seen so far, the petitioners are putting on a fairly good case, but the Trump team is also poking a lot of holes in it.

Readers can go to CSPAN, which is filming the trial live.  CSPAN posts that the purpose of the trial as “whether the 14th Amendment’s ‘insurrection ban’ can be used to prevent former President Donald Trump from appearing on Colorado’s presidential election ballots.”

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2023/11/a_look_at_the_trump_trial_in_colorado.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: A look at the Trump trial in Colorado
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2023, 10:38:27 pm »
Sumthin' tells me the outcome of this is a foregone conclusion.

At least, so long as the appeals remain in Colorado.

If it gets to the U.S. Supreme Court, things might turn out differently.