Author Topic: Michigan Senate approves 2040 deadline for carbon-neutral energy  (Read 795 times)

Online mountaineer

Michigan Senate approves 2040 deadline for carbon-neutral energy
Oct. 27, 2023
Lauren Gibbons
   * Bills would mandate full transition to clean energy sources by state-regulated utilities by 2040
   * Other changes include increased efficiency requirements, new renewable energy targets
   * Democrats said change would combat climate change; Republicans say the plan would hike rates and weaken reliability

LANSING — The Democratic-led Michigan Senate on Thursday approved a plan to wean state-regulated utilities off fossil fuels and fully transition to clean energy by a 2040, over Republican objections the plan would raise consumer rates.

Approved along party lines, the package (Senate bills 271, 273, 502 and 519) would ramp up requirements for efficiency and set new targets for clean energy, requiring utilities to generate energy using at least 50 percent renewable sources like wind and solar by 2030 and 60 percent by 2035.

Senate Democrats initially sought a more aggressive timeline of 100 percent clean energy by 2035, but shifted that goal amid criticism that could leave Michigan more vulnerable to power outages. On the other end, some environmental groups have said lawmakers made too many concessions. ... More at Bridge Michigan
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

Re: Michigan Senate approves 2040 deadline for carbon-neutral energy
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2023, 01:44:52 pm »
Steve Milloy
@JunkScience
Idiot Michigan Democrats set to ban fossil fuels for electricity production by 2040. The Michigan House will vote in the next 2 weeks because in January, suicidal Democrats may lose their 2-seat majority.

https://twitter.com/JunkScience/status/1719697726206533674

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2023, 01:58:41 pm »
It gets cold in MI.  Colder when you don't have heat. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2023, 02:00:33 pm »
It gets cold in MI.  Colder when you don't have heat.
I'm convinced the aim of the climate change loonies is the complete annihilation of the human race. Most of us will freeze to death. We already can barely afford food. The rolling blackouts should pretty much eliminate the hospitals.

Online libertybele

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2023, 02:39:32 pm »
I can't believe anyone in MI would continue to vote DEM -- it boggles my mind.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2023, 02:41:36 pm »
I'm convinced the aim of the climate change loonies is the complete annihilation of the human race. Most of us will freeze to death. We already can barely afford food. The rolling blackouts should pretty much eliminate the hospitals.

Truth.

I don't often eat Cheerios, but I have had a craving for them so I went to the store only to find that they were $6.00/box!  Are you freakin' kidding me? Nope, don't need them.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2023, 03:22:10 pm »
I don't often eat Cheerios, but I have had a craving for them so I went to the store only to find that they were $6.00/box!  Are you freakin' kidding me? Nope, don't need them.
Every time I'm at the grocery store, I make at least four or five, "Nope, didn't need it anyway" decisions - even with a few dozen e-coupons loaded on my Kroger card. FWIW, the cereals at Aldi are every bit as good as the name brands.

Online LMAO

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2023, 12:45:08 pm »
This all based on the assumption that the Michigan state legislature remains in Democrat control

But, assuming it does, when 2040 comes, they’ll extend to 2060, and when that comes, to 2080 and so on and so on
« Last Edit: November 02, 2023, 12:46:01 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy