Author Topic: Will the US collapse amid its ‘culture wars’?  (Read 344 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Will the US collapse amid its ‘culture wars’?
« on: November 01, 2023, 11:43:00 am »
Will the US collapse amid its ‘culture wars’?
01 Nov 2023
By Fei-Ling Wang
Professor of International Affairs, Georgia Institute of Technology

Translated by James Loo, Grace Chong

Throughout history, the US has seen a myriad of “culture wars” over various issues that have divided US society. But despite these divisions, the overall effect and climate in the US is still conducive to promoting universal values and general balance.

Many people may know that the US has been mired in “culture wars”, especially in the past decade or so. From racism, illegal immigrants, presidential elections, relations between state and religion, to abortion rights, sexual preferences and gender identity, gun rights, high school admission, and freedom of speech, various issues are causing division.

Commentators often call this an unprecedented “American cultural revolution” that is bringing about a “schism” or even a “new civil war”; US society would fall into disorder and unrest, there would be a loss of rationality, increased conflict between communities, and a decline or collapse in the strength and international standing of the US.

Putting aside the grand ideas of “the rise of the East and decline of the West” and a reshuffling of the global order, just looking at the internal divisions and fighting in what has been the world’s largest economy for more than 130 years and the world’s premier military power for the past 80 years, naturally one would pay attention, or even feel aghast.

https://www.thinkchina.sg/will-us-collapse-amid-its-culture-wars
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Will the US collapse amid its ‘culture wars’?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2023, 09:54:26 pm »
A US "collapse" is becoming more likely with the passage of time, especially considering the invasion at the southern border.

But it's more than just the now DISUnited States that is going to collapse:
The entire edifice of white/Christian/Western civilization is in the process of going down.

Look anywhere there are white nations.
Next-to-none of them seems to be doing anything to defend white/Western culture. Quite to the contrary, they all seem to be doing everything they can to hasten its -- and their own -- demise.

We won't live to see it, but I'll give the whites about 225-250 years left before they all-but disappear. That's around 22 generations or so.

Look how much has been lost in just the past 2 generations.

For the whites, the sands of time are starting to run down.