Author Topic: New York police have 'person of interest' in Cornell antisemitic threats in custody  (Read 536 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
New York Gov. Kathy Hochul announced on Tuesday that a person of interest in relation to threats of a mass shooting and antisemitic violence at Cornell University had been identified by law enforcement.

"This individual is currently in New York State Police custody for questioning," Hochul wrote on X, formerly Twitter.

"When I met with Cornell students yesterday, I promised them we would do everything possible to find the perpetrator. Public safety is my top priority and I'm committed to combating hate and bias wherever it rears its ugly head," the governor added.

Earlier Tuesday, Hochul had delivered a message of "solidarity" to New Yorkers a day after she visited Jewish students at Cornell University's Center for Jewish Living who have received online death threats amid the Israel-Hamas war, insisting there is "zero tolerance" for antisemitism, Islamophobia or "hate or any kind."

In a video, the Democrat announced that she tapped Judge Jonathan Lippman, the former chief judge of the New York State Court of Appeals, to conduct an independent third party review of CUNY [City University of New York] policies and procedures related to antisemitism and discrimination.

"We will take on the antisemitism we have seen on college campuses. The problem didn't begin with the weeks following October 7th attacks. It's been growing on a number of campuses," she said. "While his assessment will be focused on CUNY, his recommendations will be a roadmap for institutions across the state and the country. My commitment to your safety is unwavering, but we can't do it alone."

Fox News Digital's Danielle Wallace contributed to this update.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34