Author Topic: A Ceasefire is Not Possible Because Hamas Wants to Destroy Israel  (Read 1251 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
A Ceasefire is Not Possible Because Hamas Wants to Destroy Israel
Published 2 hours ago on October 31, 2023By Steve Postalisrael

The United Nations, several progressive Democrats, and even the Pope are calling for a ceasefire between Israel and Hamas. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, on the other hand, rejects the idea of a ceasefire, stating that “[c]alls for a ceasefire are a call for Israel to surrender to Hamas, to surrender to terror, to surrender to barbarism.”

Would a ceasefire accomplish anything? By seeing what Hamas has said since its murder of 1,400 Israelis and kidnapping of approximately 230 hostages, one can readily see that a ceasefire would not meaningfully change Hamas and its actions. Recent statements by Hamas (in addition to the murder and kidnapping of the civilians themselves, of course) show a relentless, genocidal hatred for Israel and Jews that is an existential threat for the Jewish State that can only be defeated with Hamas’ total destruction. Some examples are the following:

October 7 – 13

Hamas leader Ismail Haniyeh predicts that Hamas’ attacks will spread to all Israel “as well as to the resistance and our Palestinian people abroad…We say one thing: Get out of our land, get out of our faces. Get out of our Jerusalem and our Al-Aqsa Mosque. We do not want to see you on this land. This land is ours, Jerusalem is ours, everything is ours.” [Al-Jazeera Network (Qatar), Oct. 7, 2023]

Hamas Military Commander Mohammed Deif says: “I say to our pure mujahideen: This is the day that you make this criminal enemy understand that its time is up. [The Quran says:] ‘Kill them wherever you may find them…I say to our people in occupied [pre-1967 Israel] – in the Negev, the Galilee, the Triangle, Haifa, Jaffa, Acre, Lod, and Ramla: Torch the earth under the feet of the plundering occupiers – kill, burn, destroy, and shut down roads…” [Al-Jazeera Network (Qatar), Oct. 7, 2023]

https://saraacarter.com/a-ceasefire-is-not-possible-because-hamas-wants-to-destroy-israel/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: A Ceasefire is Not Possible Because Hamas Wants to Destroy Israel
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2023, 05:27:31 pm »
This is a simple fact.  It is impossible to make peace with an enemy that is sworn to kill you and everybody else.  This is why Hamas must be thoroughly destroyed or they will be back like weeds.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2023, 07:43:14 pm »
And almost their entire population supports that goal, yet they think they're going to play some passive-aggressive Marxist switcharooney to make it Israel's fault.

Change your ways or be pacified.
The Republic is lost.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2023, 07:53:39 pm »
This is a simple fact.  It is impossible to make peace with an enemy that is sworn to kill you and everybody else.  This is why Hamas must be thoroughly destroyed or they will be back like weeds.
Yep. As long as they keep up their jihad, they are enemies.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2023, 09:37:47 pm »
Cyber says:
"It is impossible to make peace with an enemy that is sworn to kill you and everybody else.  This is why Hamas must be thoroughly destroyed or they will be back like weeds."

You cannot "destroy" hamas.
Not unless you kill every male in gaza between the ages of 6 and 60.

And even then, they'll eventually be back.
It will just take longer next time.

Explain to me where I'm wrong.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2023, 01:47:48 am »
Cyber says:
"It is impossible to make peace with an enemy that is sworn to kill you and everybody else.  This is why Hamas must be thoroughly destroyed or they will be back like weeds."

OK, where you're wrong is confining your statement to 'males', do you really believe that the females receive any less indoctrination into hate or are any less bloodthirsty or animalistic than the 'males'?

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2023, 05:36:48 am »

So you can destroy Hamas.

Lather, rinse, repeat.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2023, 01:36:46 pm »
Hamas needs a catchy slogan.  You know, like "Hands Up. Don't Bomb me".  Or, "I can't breath with all this bomb dust."
"You're Killing me Smalls."
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2023, 02:06:37 pm »
Cyber says:

You can destroy their organizational structure, chain of command, logistical infrastructure, and everything that makes them more than just small groups of disgruntled activists.  One guy with an AK can't launch 5000 rockets in a single night.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2023, 02:13:01 pm »

True. I have little doubt that they are in this country, growing by number and well organized. Not just in this country but in others. Therein lies yet another problem.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2023, 02:15:03 pm »
You can destroy their organizational structure, chain of command, logistical infrastructure, and everything that makes them more than just small groups of disgruntled activists.  One guy with an AK can't launch 5000 rockets in a single night.

No one guy with an AK can't launch 5,000 rockets in a single night obviously, but he can sure wreak havoc on a school, movie theater, shopping mall, sports complex, etc. 

Have no doubt they (more than 1) are in this country -- it's just a matter of time before they strike.  Even our corrupt FBI has given warnings.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2023, 11:10:00 pm »
It's not like this is breaking news,is it?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2023, 05:20:53 pm »

It can't be that simple since the MSM doesn't seem to grasp it.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2023, 06:13:12 pm »
Looks like there will be a ceasefire...Bibi better not agree to this since the IDF has Hamas on the run...

Instant News Alerts
@InstaNewsAlerts
·
17m
Secretary of State Antony J. Blinken will urge the Israeli government to agree to a series of brief cessations of military operations in Gaza to allow for hostages to be released safely and for humanitarian aid to be distributed, White House officials said on Thursday. (NYT)
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2023, 06:22:01 pm »
Looks like there will be a ceasefire...Bibi better not agree to this since the IDF has Hamas on the run...

Instant News Alerts
@InstaNewsAlerts
·
17m
Secretary of State Antony J. Blinken will urge the Israeli government to agree to a series of brief cessations of military operations in Gaza to allow for hostages to be released safely and for humanitarian aid to be distributed, White House officials said on Thursday. (NYT)

Blinken can just blink off.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2023, 06:23:19 pm »
Biden admin wants humanitarian pauses 'as necessary' to get aid into Gaza, people 'out'

President Biden's administration is exploring the possibility of multiple "humanitarian pauses" in the Israel-Hamas war aimed at getting aid into Gaza and hostages and foriegn nationals out.

White House National Security Council spokesman John Kirby made the comments during a press briefing on Thursday. Reporters pressed him on what a "humanitarian pause" meant.

Kirby said each request for a pause would be taken on its own merits, and he was hopeful that Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and other powers involved would consider pauses on a case-by-case basis.

Kirby said Israel had already agreed to at least one pause when Hamas released two American hostages in October.

The administration has drawn a distinction between a full cease-fire and humanitarian pauses.
Posted by Anders Hagstrom
Fox News
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2023, 06:53:10 pm »
 This is why the US can't win wars when we let politicians dictate how to fight...now they are telling Israel

Durbin calls for Israel-Hamas cease-fire tied to hostage release
by Sarah Fortinsky - 11/02/23 10:15 AM ET

Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.), the second-highest ranking Democrat in the Senate, backed a cease-fire in the Israel-Hamas war Thursday but stipulated that it must start with the release of all hostages.

Asked by CNN’s Poppy Harlow whether it’s time for a cease-fire, Durbin said: “I think it is.”

“At least in the context of both sides agreeing. For example, the release of those kidnapped should be part of this — immediate release. That should be the beginning of it,” Durbin said. “An effort should be made to engage in conversation between the Israelis and Palestinians.”

Durbin’s use of the term “cease-fire” is notable in its departure from language used by both President Biden and Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.).

Biden on Wednesday suggested a “pause” in fighting was needed to “get the prisoners out,” in response to a heckler who asked him to call for a cease-fire.

Asked about his use of the term cease-fire and the fact that the president has purposefully not used the word, Durbin doubled down on the conditions for such a move.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/4289462-durbin-israel-hamas-ceasefire-hostage-release/
« Last Edit: November 02, 2023, 06:54:47 pm by mystery-ak »
Support the USO

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2023, 07:34:03 pm »
Same as always,the Arabs will fight as long as they are winning,then when they start losing,they turn into whiny little bitches screaming about wanting peace.

Wash,rinse,repeat.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2023, 09:15:54 pm »
Dickless Durban can kiss Bibi's ass.
I will NOT comply.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2023, 09:54:07 pm »
Dickless Durban can kiss Bibi's ass.
There's a reason Rush referred to the ass as Turban Durban.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2023, 01:33:02 am »
Same as always,the Arabs will fight as long as they are winning,then when they start losing,they turn into whiny little bitches screaming about wanting peace.

You got that right.  Emphasis on "whiny little bitches".
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2023, 04:06:48 am »
I say create the first muslim NO GO ZONE, only with NO MUSLIMS!!!!

...by any means possible!

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2023, 06:55:00 pm »
Justin Castreau is about as coherent as Joe Biden, especially on the topic of a ceasefire.

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1720875267202359431
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org